Please Help Identify These!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2poor4gibson

Reaction score
Hello there!

I was hoping if someone could help identify these Tokai models, and perhaps tell me what they sell for new?

1. 2004 Tokai Les Paul style "Deluxe" model. Entire thing is Cherry Sunburst, even the headstock.

2. Tokai ES-335 style guitar. Cherry finish, silver hardware, maple body, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, and the 3-option rhythm switch (the name has slipped my mind), is located around the right F-hole, not far from the knobs.

3. The Tokai Slash signature rip-off. Basically like an LP, I believe the pickups are different, but i'm not 100%.

Thanks! :p

#1 is the DLX-2004 model that features all the abalone inlays, not sure if it was all that popular. Some people like it, some hate it. That model is now seen at blow out prices all over the place now.

#2 I'm not familiar with, which isn't to say its not available.

#3 is one of my favorites. Its was never produced as a "Shash" model that name was given to it by some dealers. It is simply a LP Standard type Love Rock with a flame maple top in a violin finish with uncovered pickups, same one that is available on my site. Very nice classic style.

This is the only thread (from 2004!!) I found that mentions the Tokai Deluxe, abalone purfling and truly weird headstock, love it or hate it.

Is the 2004 Deluxe another Active Musical Products fake? The year, the "Canada only" market, and the absence of the "Deluxe" model in any Tokai Gakki catalog suggest Fakai Deluxe.

maunaloa said:
Is the 2004 Deluxe another Active Musical Products fake? The year, the "Canada only" market, and the absence of the "Deluxe" model in any Tokai Gakki catalog suggest Fakai Deluxe.
Yep, you are right..

Sorry JSD, these guys are absolutely right. The Canadian distributor of these "fakes" ordered these from another factory behind Tokai's back. There are a pile of differences between these and the Korean original tokai models. These were no custom order or anything like that these were blatent rip offs......Nothing to do with Tokai. This info came directly from Tokai in Japan.
If you still believe these are Tokai guitars, i'm afraid you were lied to mate and if it makes you feel any better ....you weren't the only one... :evil:

Mick

leadguitar_323 said:
Sorry JSD, these guys are absolutely right. The Canadian distributor of these "fakes" ordered these from another factory behind Tokai's back.
BTW, JSD's posting is four years old and not up to date..

Another piece of AMP's handiwork.

By the "(from 2004!!)" phrase I was trying to signal OLD THREAD.

JSD was probably misled like the other retailers supplied by AMP.

Thanx togps, i didn't see that. :eek: ...on the same subject, i was looking at musoland the chinese knock off site and they are selling "fake " tokai's now from their site..... :roll:

http://www.musoland.com.cn/more_pic.asp?ProdId=0815

This may help identify the chinese fakes

Mick

Back