Does anyone have any info on this guitar??

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say MIK: the cream cavity covers give it away, nornally the TRC is three screw this one seems to be one screw where as the MIJ's have a two screw TRC.

I have a Jap LS85Q and a Korean Les paul custom (black with gold H/W) and I must say the weight, build quality and sound of the Korean guitar is pretty good considering the cost i'm most impressed with Tokai's.

Hope this helps.

Steve

What do you mean last of the Gibson like Tokai's?

I hope they are not going to stop making them that would be bad :cry:

Steve

Well people have answered the question already, but still; this is what the auction says:

*Brand New In Box.
*FLAMED MAPLE TOP WITH MAHOGANY BODY AND SET IN NECK, Rosewood Fingerboard
*Made in Korea
*Vintage PAF UNCOVERED Tokai Pickups

:wink:

Anyway, it is indeed Korean. The text on the back of the head stock, the Tokai logo on the front of the head stock, the truss rod cover and the cover plates give it away. I'm sure it's a nice guitar, but the price seems a bit steep. You could get a nice used MIJ for that, or an Orville or Burny from Japan.

:eek: Tack on $100 for shippingfrom Japan and the deals aren't all that good. I would keep looking for a great deal! There are still shops and individuals who haven't a clue about what a Tokai is. I bought my last 2 Springy's for for under $400. 2 years ago I bought an 84' LS80F in the parking lot of the Dallas Guitar Center for $250, the store offered $200...they had a gold top LS60 that they want $999 and woudn't bargain! I'm sold my Jackson soloist I bought there for $495 to a guy for $799 and with the cash in hand walked in and bought that GT for $850. The point is I got a good deal and everyone is happy...but I'm the one with the **** eat'n grin! Happy Hunting. I do have one MIK Tok and it's a great guitar! TG

Back