Tokai Breezysound

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TommyB

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of my Breezysound and i would like to know how old it is and its rough value. I did look through the registry but couldnt find a picture that matched my Tokais headstock. Any help would be appreiciated. The serial number is 13692

http://public.fotki.com/TommyB123/tokai_breezysound_pics/

Hi Tommy,
Nice looking Breezy. If the Headstock decal is original it would identify it as a 1983 (Transition logo) model. Tokai values are all over the place at the moment, its worth what someone will pay for it !!!!
Nik

Thanks, I cant get no idea of the value either i was in a shop today in Birmingham that had some old Tokai Breezys one was going for ?300 the other ?700 both with the same headstock decal and in simlar condition :S. I have no intention of selling it but just wanted to have a rough idea of its worth.

I think its called the Acoustic and Bass centre, its only a small shop round the corner from Sound Control.

Has anyone got this months Guitar Buyer theres like a 6 page article on old Tokais in the vintage and collectable section featuring the Springysound really good article.

is that the vintage guitar buyers guide? the large format one? if so i guess iwill be at the boolstore tomorrow. It is great to see tokai blossom after so long with absolutly no info about.

Its in a UK guitar magazine called ''Guitar Buyer'' and every month they have a Vintage and Collectable feature in it, thats where the Tokais are.

Hi Tommy,

Well since it?s 83 (see logo), then it?s definitely Japanese :-? .

Ian

Good stuff i still really want to get soem rough idea of value though, any idea what a mint 83' Breezy would go for?

I bought my late 70s or early 80s Breezysound last year on Ebay for about ?300 (I think) it certainly was not any more than ?350. It's butterscotch, unbound and has a rosewood fingerboard, I would never pay ?700 or anything like that much. I'd say anything below ?400 for guitar is too little and anything over ?450/500 is doing very well.
What did you pay for it?

Back