Which Model

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgeG

Reaction score
How do I determine the model of my 2012 (I think) Tokai Love Rock LP? S/N is 1229504.

Thanks,

George

Quickest and easiest way is to provide pictures.

Upload them to imgur and post the links here. Serial numbers tell nothing but the year (2012).

Need to see inside the pickup cavities and even then not always conclusive. How many pieces is the back of the body and the top help as does to see if the top is veneer or solid cap. Email to Tokai with pics and ser should get you all and usually pretty quickly.

The back is one piece. The front is 2 book ends. I'll get the pick ups out when I get a chance.

What are the models offered that year?

Thanks,

George

Try page 6 ULS150 https://www.vintagejapanguitars.com.br/en/tokai-2011-2012-uk-shop-catalogue/

The backs can be deceptive. Try looking around the sides for a join, rather than at the back itself.

A picture of the electronics cavity would also help but the best way to be sure is to look under the pickups. You'll need to check for handwritten markings, the type of neck joint, and whether the maple joint and grain lines line up with the surface of the top.

I feel that a shop or a seller who paid the money for a 150 or above would most likely know exactly what they were getting and pass that information on when they sold it. They are not common and not many stores carry them on the shelves. It could still be an LS150 but with no fret edge binding I suspect it's an LS95F (page 21). This would have a neck joint that doesn't extend under the pickups, and the laminate top would mean the grain lines and maple cap joint wouldn't line up when you look into the pickup cavity towards the bridge.

Latest posts

Back