Tokai from Germany

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Butler

Reaction score
Hi!

I was looking at the Tokai LS-1 R7, R8 and R9 at Tokai Guitars Germany (Faberguitar.com) and it seems to me that the Tokai guitars sold there have bigger frets than the usual made in Japan series. I had LS 150F and LS 173 HB and as I remember the frets were a lot smaller.

https://www.faberguitar.com/index.php?k=115&lang=eng

Is it my imagination or the frets are bigger?

My only complaint on my guitars were that the frets are small. I contacted Tokai and asked would they make a goldtop with stainless steel jumbo frets and they said no.

Could it be a trick of the light? As standard most of the Love Rock range seem to have frets which are quite wide with a low to medium height. Those photos might show a similar shape if you squint. Have you emailed them to ask?

I know exactly how you feel and my old faithful is in the shop right now getting stainless steel jumbos. I'm normally a 'vintage' gearhead and I used to believe that jumbo frets only belonged on pointy shred machines, but two minutes after picking up a Strat which had them I realised how wrong I was and started saving up some cash for the job. There was life left in the old frets but they just didn't feel as good to play.

I order all the Tokai LS models with SBB-215 jumbo frets.
However Tokai will not do stainless steel.

Back