Goldstar serial number

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sessionman

Reaction score
Hi all, I've just acquired a goldstar with an 8 digit number on the back of the headstock, can't find any reference to any 8 digit serial numbers without a letter if front. Can anyone help date this? 16070288
Many thanks

2016. Possibly chinese, some people/dealers have been removing the CH . Pictures of the number etc would help

If I was savvy enough to know how to post a photo on here or get my screenshots to my clipboard on android i would duly oblige :lol: it looks like it's made of cheap nasty plastic or is coated in some fat plastic veneer. I own a dozen top spec guitars, including a 70s tokai goldtop loverock which is unreal, this goldstar plays nicer than my USA strat but looks like it's been 3d printed, nothing makes sense

No serial on the neck plate, haven't taken the neck off yet, straight T on the logo, oldies goldies where the custom shop decal would be, same as the 84 on here i think. I paid pennies for it so I dont expect it to be that old, just bemused.

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20359

About halfway down as the first part is ruined by PB.

Mine is actually a faked 57 goldtop that I bought as a fake in 1990 so never saw the tokai branding, always assumed it was always called the love rock, learn something new every day. An appraisal of my genuine fake £200 57 revealed it was a tokai, plays much nicer than my standard, and looks better too

Latest posts

Back