Help getting information about my new ES100

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(1) serial number is six digits, not the typical Tokai seven digit serial number
(2) serial number font is not the typical font used by Tokai
(3) bridge posts are way too thick aka not the typical much more narrow bride post seen on the typical MIJ Tokai

My guess would be you may have posted photos of a Fakai aka NOT a true MIJ Tokai

Cheers

You also don't show the full front headstock of yours. If it's a three screw trussrod cover (like the Korean one you put up in your other post), then it's definitely not MIJ

Your 08 serial number indicates 2008 - but as far as I know, there were no Japanese ES100's in 08. Your made in Japan print on the headstock is white too. I've never seen a MIJ with a white ink stamp.

Lastly, you label looks like it's hand written or a hand written print font was used. Never seen this on a MIJ Tokai.... or any Tokai for that matter.

My guess is that it's a doctored non MIJ.... let's see the front of the headstock.

Yup... doctored. Not sure what the seller is asking for it but if he's misrepresenting it as MIJ and asking MIJ money for it, that's fraud and I'd report it.
Or you can bring it to his attention and hash it out. There's always the chance though that he is unaware that it's a fake.

Latest posts

Back