Love ROck DC

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aroomstudios

Reaction score
Any of you guys have any info on these guitars?

https://reverb.com/item/29531682-tokai-love-rock-dc-mij-japan-rare

I asked the seller and he has no clue the model or lacquer or poly etc. Which tells me he knows and it is poly and lower model or he actually has no idea. It looks like a non-gloss lacquer to me but that could be the lights. Also, it has long tenons. So that might be a sign or a higher end guitar. Really not sure though.

What are you thoughts?

elp0sqppzjsv1xc5pboe.jpg

I just remenber this and another rmodel in UK catalog. You can try to search in forum database for some aditional info.
They were mid level models with a twist.
I guess had no sucess so they were not offered many years.

Looks a fairly standard LR2 doublecut to me.

If its the same as mine, the finish is a satin-finish poly. Not sure about the long tenon - wondering if that is perhaps a feature of the construction on doublecuts to strengthen the neck joint because of the more exposed length of neck ?

edit: As an aside, for anybody not familiar with the model - they have a single master volume and tone control knobs, but both those are push-pull to give a coil tap facility on each pickup. Gives a much richer mix of sounds than the standard double HB. Very interesting guitars.

Latest posts

Back