A faceb post

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

werners

Reaction score
A facebook post bout a Tokai premiums
have some doubts ;)
But please tell if i'm wrong

The guitar is generally a "master grade instrument". This says that the components are made by the best luthiers at Tokai and a luthier master, called "Sensei", is overseeing all steps of the construction. This generally allows a very high quality of instrument and is, in my eyes, the very strong point of Tokai. You will not find those level of craftmanship at Gibson, unless you are a pro artist that will receive a specially tailored custom shop model to your deeds (for $$'$$$).

i kinda knew that
seen karate kid part 232442 :)

how bout the rest of this story ?

Facebook is not something i choose as a source of quality information.

Also, Epstein didn't kill himself.

Too many experts on the FB group that don't do enough fact checking. Just the usual social media practice of "I saw this, so must be true, I'll repost"

a luthier master, called "Sensei", is overseeing all steps of the construction.

So there are workers and a superior foreman/floor manager with some higher responsibility? Yeah that's completely unheard of in any industry. :)

Wikipedia says that "Sensei"
is a honorific term translated as "person born before another" or "one who comes before".[1] In general usage, it is used, with proper form, after a person's name and means "teacher";[2] the word is also used as a title to refer to or address other professionals or persons of authority, such as clergy, accountants, lawyers, physicians and politicians [3] or to show respect to someone who has achieved a certain level of mastery in an art form or some other skill, e.g., accomplished novelists, musicians, artists and martial artists."

So that may appear remarkable to people who only heard that term in some 80s teen movies and call their superior "that stupid a..hole Mike" but maybe that's just regular formal work conduct, if not just made up. Another thing that's quite common is people taking any opportunity to upvalue their guitar's brand image in preparation of selling their stuff on eBay or defending their buying decisions, and failing at it. Creating a rather contradicting image of a "Sensei" slowly walking through rows of workbenches, sternly monitoring every stroke of work the "best luthiers" do (and not contenders for an internship or something) seems a bit overdone. Also he totally forgot to mention that anything hardware is made by a master swordsmith. :)

Back