'91 LS-55 - One-piece back??

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbomilan

Reaction score
Hi all, I recently got my first Tokai (and second. . . and third. . . lol) but this one needed a bit of work as it had a twist in the neck and a microphonic bridge pickup. After having my tech plane the neck off and refret the whole thing, and swapping out the bridge pup for an SD JB I had lying around, this is honestly one of the best LP type guitars I've ever played.

It seems to me, also that I may have lucked out and gotten a one-piece back with this one, I can't see the seams anywhere on the back as I can on the top. It also has a weird seam on the neck heel, anyone know what this is? I understand not much is known about the early 90's Tokai's but this one would be the bottom of the line afaik. Either way, this thing is an absolute beast and for about $800 total with all the mods I'm extremely pleased!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vR-16hAXRTchcrZFemcYGIJKSILa4eQH?usp=sharing[/img]

Sadly none of the pics of the back are good enough to tell, too many reflections. Headstock f and r would be good too.

Yeah unfortunately the lighting in my house is crappy. I put a few more that might be a little clearer.

Thanks for checking it out, I figured a one-piece is only a premium feature. Any idea what the seam in the neck heel could be?

a joint, which is no issue as the glued joints are always stronger than the wood unless you pre-soak in a bath for a week.

Latest posts

Back