New Bass - Tokai Jazz Sound

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PMan

Reaction score
I have recently managed to win a Tokai Jazz Sound (serial number L14979 or LI 4979 - I don't have the bass yet) on eBay in the UK. This is a fretless model, no scratch plate with position markers. Body colour is white. It is complete with a tweed case. It looks as if it has metal control knobs, so I assume that is the Jaco style (although not sunburst!).

It is supposed to be in immaculate condition, virtually unused over the 17 years since it was bought. Having had a look around this excellent site I realise I might have found something just a little bit out of the ordinary. Of course I should have found this site before I started bidding but I didn't punch the right search terms into Google.

If you are interested I will provide more details when it is delivered, including pictures.

It has finally arrived. It is the 'Jaco' model in white, no scratchplate and with chrome control knobs. Not quite as perfect as advertised with one small scratch through the paint and a couple of other dings - but still in excellent condition after 17 years. Most of the metalwork looks as new, with just a little bit of surface gunge on the tuner ears.

It has a superb neck and the authentic fretless sound with Thomastik flatwounds fitted. I've just got to get my fingers in tune now.

You seem selective about what pictures you want in the gallery (it's not a Love Rock!) - but I will post some if anyone is interested.

loverockerUK said:
Just thought I'd reply, and say congrats on the score :) Hate for bassists to feel left out around here :lol:

Yeah, congrats, PMan!

I also just became a Tokai owner (though I played my brother's Springy a lot back in the very early 80's)

Anyway, I hope you're as knocked out with the quality, sound & playability as I have been! :D

Back