need info on Tokai es135

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winwoodb

Reaction score
I am looking into buy a Tokai es135 made in Korea, there is a label laquered over on back of neck, 3 screw truss rod cover dot fretboard. Don't know the exact year I don’t have the serial number but the seller believes it was made in the 90s.
Could you please direct this question to someone knowledgeable about the woods construction used in the Korean made es135. There is not much on the web abut it. Thank you

my questions:
1) Is the neck one piece, 2, 3 piece Mahogany or Maple, rosewood fretboard
2) Is the neck deep set long Tenon or short
3) Maple block
4) What is the Top made of, how many laminates
5) don't care about electronics

says Made in Korea under coat on the back of the neck, there is no serial. how about the answers to my questions? any know, help appreciated

ES-60

I own one, no serial #, "made in korea" on the lower back of the headstock

Neck made of maple, very thin (as thin as my 60's hagstroem viking), fretboard of unknown origin (weird)

The stocjk PU where MK4

The body shape is not very appropriate

thanks, I am aware that the es 60 have a maple neck but this is an es135 should be korean made with Mahogany deepest long tenon neck? I have not been able to find any info on this but I do find that the MIJ es135 this is correct for the the neck, don't know about Korean. this is the question

Latest posts

Back