Newbie ES model confusion

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcusnieman

Reaction score
You guys may recall that back in April I put up this new arrival 1980 ST80 maple board: http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=22623

At long last, I found my other "book end" to complete the set - a nice two tone burst 1980 ST80 rosewood board with another nice original case. Same great V neck, nitro, pickups, electronics, weight and absolutely beautiful wood. Only thing it needs is a new volume pot. Here's a few pics:

Nice one, congrats.

A rosewood board V neck Springy, is "one" :)D) guitar I would still like to have to complete my litlle family.

Great find Marcus, nice grain too.

Thanks guys.... this one has kind of been my "Holy Grail" piece I've been looking for for some time. I've been playing the maple one and it's a beast. Even with a sh*tty volume pot, the rosewood one sounds great - distinct difference between the two as expected. The maple is far brighter and spankier. The rosewood seems fuller in tone overall. Nice Yin/Yang pair.

Lovely find, congrats! The rosewood on the neck is only a very thin veneer though, not like the slab found on other necks... do you think the difference in tone is more likely due to other factors in the guitar?

Latest posts

Back