Found A Tokai 12 String Guitar in a Dump!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guitar Man

Reaction score
Hello fellow guitar players,

I'm brand new to this site and have never heard of Tokai guitars until I found one in a dump whilst I was helping my dad clear out a load of junk from the attic. When we got to the local dump I was throwing some stuff away and seen this 12 string guitar but it only had 6 strings attached to it. As soon as I seen the guitar I was like "F*** yeah, I'll take this!" So I took it home, and I can't really find any information on it so I thought I would come here for some help. It's a "Tokai Hummingbird 100F Folk Guitar". There appears to be a seriasl number or something printed on the label inside the body with this number 21120. I could post a pcture of the guitar if that helps? Thanks to anyone who replies in advance. :]

Regards,

Joe

Hey guys, much appreciated for the response!

Sorry for taking so long to get these to you. I had some issues with my computer but that's all fixed now. (finally)

Well here is three photos. The 2nd one, you can't really see the label inside the body. But it does say "Tokai Hummingbird 100F Folk Guitar".

Once again, thanks for the help guys. It really is appreciated. :]

Thanks,

Joe

I'm just confused as to why in the world ANYONE would throw a 12 string guitar away? o.0
Anyway, I put some new strings on it. Took most of the stickers off of it. I still need to give it a good clean and some loving. I might actually take it to a guitar technician because the bridge seems to be raised so high on it. Makes it quite difficult for tuning.

Although it makes no sense, whoever had it probably thought ... "Tokai? Another no name company... guitar is probably worth no more than ?20... save myself from hassle, bin it". :lol:

Back