love rock markins

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike martin

Reaction score
hi folks
anyone have any idea what 33 means , it is stamped inside the neck p/u routing on my new love rock
mike

Mike,there should be a LS(LS=Love Rock)- plus a number(ie:LS-70 on mine).As far as I know there is no LS-33 :cry: .

hi luis
no other markins there atall. all i know about my guitar is it is japaneese with a mahogany back with a 2 piece maple top , not sure whether the coulor is violin burst or amber. i cant see any laminate but there is a
fantastic grain in the top, the year of it is 2003
mike

just took the pickup from the neck and bridge the nrck cavity says 33 in some sort of indelible ink and the same markings are on the bottom of the neck with the initials vf. in the brige cavity in pencil marking it says vf
with the numbers 23 - ??????
anyone hhelp
thanks mike

JUST HAD ANOTHER LOOK IN THE DAYLIGHT AT THE CAVITIES, HERES WHAT I CAN MAKE OUT THATS WRITEN.INTHE BRIDGE CAVITY IT HAS
E2-22 VF. IN THE NECK CAVITY IT HAS 3/20 AND 33, ON THE BASE OF THE NECK IT HAS 22-22 AND I THINK IT SAYS LC
CAN ANY ONE HELP
MIKE MARTIN

VF= Violin finish(for example LS-70 VF).
CS=Cherry sunburst.... etc(see 2000 catalogue back).

LC would be a LP Custom replica,as opposite to LS= LP 58,59 or goldtop replica.

hi luis
could be, but that still doesnt solve the 33 number. the top could be sycamore laminate but i cannot see any sign of it being glued to the maple
if it is a laminate top it has been matched perfectly with the maple underneath. the back is one piece mahogany,
thanks for your help luis

mike

My 2000 LS65 Love Rock has the following stamped into the neck p/u cavity:

7-33
LS-65

It's that mysterious "33" again. Obviously in this case it's nothing to do with the model number which is stamped below. Possibly some kind of code for the non-laminated 2 piece maple top? As for the "7"??????

Brendan

thanks bb it has me totally baffled, im just going to stop wondring about it an just play this piece of pure craftsmanship. and hope that i might come across another one sometime
mike

Just out of curiosity, I recall that my ?95 Love Rock LS-70:

LS70_OAK2.JPG

Has text SA-94 in the neck PUP cavity. I?ll verify this soon when I?ll replace the the neck pup (4th time!) again. I can take some pics of it too.
Serial number 9502156 tells it?s been made ?95 anyway??

Btw, I just happen to play brand new black Love Rock Custom (don?t know details, bummer!) yesterday which felt and sounded so very darn good.
They really make good guitars these days (as well as old days).

Latest posts

Back