Love Rock with Floyd Rose tremolo?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko A

Reaction score
Anyone? What do you think of it? I don?t like to reveal my opinion before hearing you first...

Personally I'd say "Don't be daft", but I'd also say that its a case of whatever floats your boat.

Due to the nature of a trem, with the amount of cutaway's and holes and stuff needed, it would take a fair amount of the interaction between the strings and the wood, which are directly transferred via the tune-o-matic. Trems rob tone, although dive bombs would be that much easier!

Even the thought of such a thing makes me physically sick.

The whole Les Paul ethos is one of rich, warm tone and singing sustain - a Floyd will rob you of both.

I imagine it'd be hideously expensive, leave a lot of cosmetic problems (holes to be filled etc) and reduce your resale value to almost zero.

EDIT: the epiphone Goths come with a floyd option, and there's a Fernandes Les Paul copy that comes floyd-equipped. I'd buy one of them before spending the same to butcher your poor defenceless love rock.

Marko, Burny brand(Fernandes) makes some models with tremolo,I think they are korean,check them if you are curious.I don't like tremolos on Love Rocks.

I?m totally with you guys. It really ruins the idea of Les Paul!
Why I asked. Well, the band i was in, some ten years ago. The other
guitarist got Tokai Love Rock with Floyd and I hated that guitar.
It felt okay to play. Very much like fretless wonder. Very low frets and low
action. But it sounded like a piece of plank compared to any other LS.
Tone was stuffy and dead. Though it had pretty good sustain (?).
It was black custom model. I?ll try to find a picture of it and scan it if I found one.
Black LS with gold floyd...
...Ewwwwwww..... :-?

Okay, I found those pics so here you go:

Floydrose.JPG

Floydrose2.JPG

EEWWWWW !!

I hate that bridge on any guitar.
I have a Fernandes " The Function " { ? } strat with a Floyd. I only bought it, used , because it was acustom made guitar from the 80`s and it was at a good price. I took the locking nut part off and it makes it a bit easier to change the strings but what a pain in the butt.

Back