Can you help with this Love Rock '02?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starkravingdead

Reaction score
Greetings everyone,

I'm wondering whether you can help me with my Tokai!

I've owned this guitar for about 10 years, loved playing this instrument, it was set up (as far as I can remember) and produces a quality, vibrant tone. Best I've played.

So, I'm considering selling it because I'm leaving the country but am totally unsure how to describe the woods, finish and pickups (think they're the standard that come with the guitar). I've tried searching for a list of info about this particular instrument but I just get lost in all the serial numbers and info. Is it an LS-70 VF?

Here's the instrument on my Flickr:
http://flic.kr/s/aHsjScbErr

I was told it was Made In Japan at the time of purchase. Is this true?

I'm bothered about two cracks that have appeared in the pickup housing. You can see it in the pics. I have looked after this guitar, kept it away from moisture and heat and it sits with 3 other guitars which are fine so I find it a bit disconcerting that this has occurred. Anyone know why?

It doesn't affect the playability, the tone or tuning, so I'm a bit confused. Will this affect the price?

Thank-you for any help you can offer.

Yes it's a made in Japan LS70F/75F/80F/85F/95F/98F/100F. :D

Beautiful guitar.

Solid mahogany 2 piece body.
Maple flame veneer on sold maple top.
MK11 pickups.

Don't worry about the cracked pickup rings, they cost nothing to replace.

Why not 'move' with the guitar instead of selling it?

@Diamond - cheers for the great response, really appreciate it! I'm a bit ignorant of guitar tech, I just go by what I hear! :D

Unfortunately I'm moving to Moscow and want to keep things light. I've decided on my acoustic Taylor 214e, purely for convenience. I may well regret selling it because it allows me to do so much. With the Taylor I would care less about it being damaged since I mistreat it as it is!

Any idea of what sort of price this might go for on eBay?

Cracked pickup rings are a common issue on all les paul style guitars due to the curvature of the body. Fortunately they are cheap to replace and doing so will increase the chances of a sale but if you do, be sure to measure the height of your pickups first!

Nice looking guitar!

Where you live may affect how much you can sell the guitar for, particularly if people are going to have to pay for international shipping. You can add your location to your profile: that sometimes helps with questions.

CW

Latest posts

Back