Love Rock LS95 BB

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TalboA150

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just aquired my first Tokai Love Rock today and am as happy as a kid in a candy store! The warranty card serial # and guitar serial # match and suggest that it was built in 2011 with the serial staring with 11XXXXX.

In all seriousness, I must admit to being a little surprised at how well built and finished this guitar is. I have other Japanese made guitars like my Levinson Blade strats and a Tokai Talbo A150 that are also superbly crafted instruments but this is cosmetically flawless on the exterior. Ran it through it's paces earlier today (straight out of the box as she is brand new) for a couple of hours and again and simply floored at how good this thing sounds and plays considering I haven't adjusted anything. To me it really is astonishing that Tokai can build something as good as this at its price point.

I tried to look up specific specifications in the various Tokai catalogs on the www but can only find this in the 2012 catalog. This leaves me a little confused as this guitar (according to serial) was built in 2011.

Specifically I'd like to know if the pick ups are the Vintage MKII or Vintage MKIIs?

Thanks in advance for any information forthcoming.

I used to be known on here as Talbo394 but can no longer access that account/login.....?

People use the term "entry level" for this made in Japan Vintage Series model.
I laugh when I read that because it's as perfectly built as a Premium Series model...no difference in build quality.
The factory setup on Tokais is excellent unless it's been through some drastically differing weather conditions prior to arriving at you.
Even then, takes my tech 5 minutes to tweak a Tokai setup, he spends more time setting up a USA PRS than a Tokai LS95.

It only appears as a LS95 in the latest 2012 catalog.
Prior to that, around 2009/2010 the BB and GT models were called LS75/85.
Then around 2011 the BB and GT joins all the other colours and becomes an LS92...now it's a LS95.

I still don't know the difference between Vintage MKII or Vintage MKIIs...I haven't bothered to ask.

The more I play this the more impressed I am! You're dead right, nothing entry level about this guitar.

I did some searching and it seems there's 2 types of Vintage MKII pickup but not alot of information on the MK2s

TalboA150 said:
No way of telling what these are by looking at them?

How do they sound. :D

I asked the factory what the difference is, I'll let you know when I get an answer.

They sound very good, especially the neck pickup. I must admit though I've been tempted for a longtime now to put a set of bare knuckle pick ups in a guitar and I'm thinking this might be the perfect recipient for it. Maybe do a wiring and cap upgrade too.

Anyone put a set of Stormy Mondays or Mules in a Tokai love rock?

My buddy put a Black Dog and a Mule in an LS92 and the it's got me looking forward to putting Bareknuckles in my LS150. It's a **** fine sound.

Back