tobacco sunburst Love Rock

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cosmitron

Reaction score
Hi!
It tooks me one month to become crazy of these Love Rock Tokai, because of this forum among other reviews from harmony central etc...
One month ago I've bought an epi thinking they were the best copies...
WHAT A MISTAKE! (the guitar shop where I've bought it was selling 'love rock'!!! But still they advised me to take the epi...F*Ck!I wish I knew)
Whatever...
Now I decided to get rid of my kind little epi toy, I'm seeking for the ultimate TOKAI loverock, that must be in TOBACCO sunburst finish (my own perfect vision of the LesPaul), but... Still not found any! No pics, not even mentionned in the catalogs...

Does anybody seen one? :cry:

It's crazy! Tokai became more needed than any Gibson to me! I don't even care about what different specs are changing the sound of each!
I WANT A TOKAI!

I think it's called "Heritage Dark Cherry", but I'm not certain. Violin finish is more like honeyburst/faded cherry.

that's right... the finish I'm looking should be like that (for those who would have one to sell...they're definitely welcome):
http://www.phoenixsoundworks.com/gtrs/74lpB.jpg

By the way, thanx for this new information!
I'm already on the catalogs page! :p

Only a Gib*on is good enough to be compared with a Tokai! :D

Please don't post images from the site in the forum (or cross link from other sites) it causes the bandwidth to go up needlessly and that costs money.

The only actual Les Paul that I've owned was a Tobacco Burst and they are absolutely beautiful. Have never seen a Tokai Tobacco but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

Ned

what gibson calls tobacco sunburst is similar to Tokais brown sunburst(bs).

Tokai Reborns started with five main colours :

black(bb) on LS 50, 80,
brown sunburst(bs) LS 50 up to 100,
cherry sunburst (cs) on LS 50, 60, 120 to 200,
old sunburst (os) on LS 80 up to LS 200
and goldtop (gt) on LS 50, 80.

violin finish (vf) was added on 120 up to 200 Love Rocks in '80 or '81. at that time the other five main colours were available on all LS 50 up to 80 models.

2/3 of my reborns are bs and 1/3 are cs. i haven't seen bb or gt very often apart from the Love Rock period.

Can't see any of them fading over the years as the finish is too good. I think Gibson had problems with the finish on the early sunbursts and that's why they faded in the first place.....shame :wink:

Now this is what I'm talkin' 'bout 8)

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2523794777&category=2384

Thank you guys!
I'm waiting for the end of the auction.... :p
Cause I've found a guitar seller in Paris who sells some but brand new for 700 euros....

But this is real near to my dream...
(lately I've lost an auction on a real TOBACCO burst greco.... :(
and another rare tobacco tokai...)

Latest posts

Back