Diodati guitars made by Tokai?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

detroitace

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to the forum, but thought others here might want to know about this. A couple of years back, I was looking for a Tokai Love Rock and came across this site: www.diodatiguitars.com. The guy who runs it (Pete Diodati) is selling some Les Paul - like instruments that were made in the same Hamamatsu factory as Tokai (perhaps, by Tokai?). I ended up buying a really nice cherry sunburst '59 tribute model and I couldn't be happier. :lol: Mine has 2 pc. mahogany back, maple cap, PAF pickups (Schaller, I think) and poly-nitro laquer. It has a nice thick '59-style neck on it and plays like a dream. The guitar was $799, so I feel I got a great deal on an awesome guitar.

I just checked his site and he doesn't seem to be doing that well financially, but you might still be able to get one from him.

The guitars look exactly like the LS75Q I bought and sold! One of the nicest guitars I've owned. Price is pretty good, mine was a little over $700 shipped to the US, without a case!

Yeah, it does look very similar. I think the horn is a little more curved than the Tokai and of course the headstock is completely different. Also, I think the knobs are in a different configuration. But, you're right, it's basically the same guitar -- I love it. BTW, the $799 included a TKL hard case.

I think his list price might be a bit high seeing as you got your quilt for just over 700 direct. I think his quilts were around $1300 on the website. I don't know what the story is now.

He told me he had top-of-the-line schaller pickups and hardware installed. Maybe that effected the price... dunno :wink:

Latest posts

Back