Just updated from Korean to Japanese Tele

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davetcan

Reaction score
I thought I could resist but I should never have picked it up. "It" is a brand new Breezysound Tele finished in White Blonde with maple neck c/w skunk stripe. Gone is the Korean butterscotch, if my wife hadn't been with me I'd probably still have both but I'd also be in a lot of trouble. Hard to describe the difference but the main one is that the neck "just felt right". The overall build quality seems a little better, the neck joint is perfect, not a flaw in the finish anywhere, and better hardware I think. No sign of a serial number anywhere, I hope that's normal, the only place I haven't looked is in the neck joint. Gotta go play!
Oh! btw i also bought a new Traynor YCV40 tube amp, if anyone's looking for a relatively inexpensive tube amp with great clean tone this is it. It really works well with both my strat and tele, and is still quite portable @ 40lbs.

Dave

Sounds nice! I have always thought that the Japanese product was a "cut above" the Korean instruments, but I like and play both. The small tube amps are great if you aren't into the massive saturation of noise that the bigger ones put out. My favorite amp right now is a little 50 watt Ampeg. Good luck with the Tele, and keep playin'! :D

Back