Tried an LS-320 last night...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Talk to James about the Seth Lovers. He's shoved them in his Black Love Rock.

I had a pair of "Antiquites" in the old girl and they sounded great too.

Still got them, and they'll heading for the big square holes in my ES100J when I finally get the thing back together :roll:

I put a bridge Seth Lover on neck position in my LS-70 and it sounds....GREAT! . NICE!

Fuuny you guys are talking about "swapping" bridge and neck pickups... I just pulled 2 neck position Bartolinis off eBay, and thinking about trying them both on the same guitar. All things being the same, are bridge pickups always brighter than neck pickups? Or are the bridge pickups more of a heavy sound to make up for the bridge placement? I never really thought about it much, but it's kind of a cool subject...
:roll:
Let me know if you have any insights on this. (I was thinking of trying to wire the new pickups OFF the guitar to test the sound before installing 'em...) Crazy, huh?

Yep, I rate the Seths. The original Gotos were good at the heavy stuff but a bit overpowering when used cleaner. Seeing as my favourite LP tones are in the early Green/Clapton area the Seths do the job nicely. Not that they can't rock mind you - I'm partial to the Rev Billy G's early sound and they'll do that easily. :D

By the way if anyone else out there has got an 81ish LS-50 with the original pups are they cream Goto (no 'h') branded with adjustable pole pieces on both coils?

I would guess it's an output thing.

The string at the bridge has far less amplitude than the string at the neck.

So to balance the pickup volumes the bridge pup would have to be hotter.

Putting like for like bridge pup in the neck slot should give a slight gain boost when you switched to it.

GB

Latest posts

Back