Love Rock with no model sticker

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kitmac

Reaction score
I've just bought a tokai love rock japan in dark cherry sunburst.the pups are stickered MkII's,the s/n is engraved,but no model info in any cavity or any stickers. Looks like poly finish and has normal weight tailpiece and not brass saddles. Controls are labelled Tokai and caps are tiny ceramic discs. Any ideas please? LS80 perhaps. Bought new in Denmark st,London

kitmac said:
I've just bought a tokai love rock japan in dark cherry sunburst.the pups are stickered MkII's,the s/n is engraved,but no model info in any cavity or any stickers. Looks like poly finish and has normal weight tailpiece and not brass saddles. Controls are labelled Tokai and caps are tiny ceramic discs. Any ideas please? LS80 perhaps. Bought new in Denmark st,London

How come the shop in Denmark St can't tell you what the model is?

If it's a flame top then it's a LS98F, if it's a plaintop then it's a LS92.

Diamond said:
kitmac said:

How come the shop in Denmark St can't tell you what the model is?

If it's a flame top then it's a LS98F, if it's a plaintop then it's a LS92.
Well I live in Scotland and assumed that when I got home from London that there would be a mark or sticker inside the guitar.I got the impression that the shop guys wouldn't know,as the receipt only says Tokai guitar,and I thought this the best place to ask anyway. Thanks for the info. Gigged it last night,and I'm very happy with it.Thought I might put Lollar Imperials that I have in it,but the MkII's are great. The others in the band even noticed how good it sounded! Not something that normally happens!!! I do think I'll put better pots in as the Tokais' in it are a bit loose feeling,and the woman tone with both pups on is the only let-down at the moment.No big deal,but I want it to be 'perfect'. I found that the holes for the pots are slightly smaller than CTS pot barrels.Is that normal and is it an easy fix? Only needs a very small widening of the holes,but I don't want to damage the top obviously. Chris

kitmac said:
Is that normal and is it an easy fix? Only needs a very small widening of the holes,but I don't want to damage the top obviously. Chris

It's normal, and it's an easy (and cheap) fix for a professional. If you want to DIY then use a hand reamer and work slowly.

Back