Need Help Just got my 1st Tokai LP

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dragonsarc

Reaction score
Hi all,

I bought this from ebay before I found this forum site and the seller does not know where the guitar was made and not sure what the model is but he said it has a seymour duncan pickups and up greaded pots, any idea where my guitar was made and model? any help and info will be appreciated!!!!

thanks

http://s948.photobucket.com/albums/ad325/dragonsarc/Tokai/

Dragonsarc said:
darn it feels good tho and plays good so i got ripped off for paying 450 US for it?

Well, you didn't get ripped off because you paid $450, you got ripped off because it's not an authorized/official Tokai.

bluesyrat said:
send an ebay complaint, a paypal refund request etc... :wink:

not sure if i can cuz the seller didnt state that it was real Tokai he just mentioned it was a les paul copy heres the ebay auction

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330740826543&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:US:3160

so basically im SOL :(

jacco said:
I don't agree. Nothing deceptive about the description.
He says it plays good, right?

title says: Tokai Love Rock Gold Top Seymour Duncan Pick Ups Hardshell
for me it's saying false since it is not a Tokai Love Rock...

description says: Tokai love rocks model les Paul copy

This is false since this ain't a Tokai Love Rock model (even if is true that is a Les Paul copy). Seller does believe that it is a noble brand and it is not.
There are elements to call scam...
Just my two cents...

Well, looking at your first post in this thread, you yourself were not sure if it was a fake. Then then how can you expect from the average person to know this?
The seller clearly doesn't know too much about guitars for he states that this 9 lbs guitar to be very heavy, lol, that's actually not bad at all for a Les Paul.

Jacco, you're right about my first opinion. I can assure anyway that if i bought a guitar on the ebay for a Tokai an then i'd discover it's a fake, i surely would return it and get my money back. Problem is not, IMO, to buy a good Les Paul but to buy a Tokai...
Dragonsarc was looking for a Tokai and he bought a fake. The seller was in good faith probably and i was unfair with him. I'm sorry about it but i I stay in my opinion, if you would a Tokai and that's a fake, you should have your money back... :)

Yes but if I was inexperienced with a certain brand, I would not buy it without doing some proper research. We have seen this too many times here, buyer is as much responsible as seller in this case imo

Bad luck mate.
Glad the guitar is a decent player at least.

Assuming the seller knew nothing, (and they certainly haven't held themselves out in the listing as having expertise) then the loss might be on the buyer.

Still, this is ebay, so if you want to get a refund and return the guitar you probably can do it just by telling them it's fake and was listed as a genuine Tokai. The Tokai logo is the main reason this thing sold for the price it did.

I would fight it but since theres not a big chance of me winning ill let it go ....... first time got an counterfit guitar ..... lesson learned on my naiveness on tokai ...... thanks all for the support and tips

Dragonsarc said:
Hi all,

I bought this from ebay before I found this forum site and the seller does not know where the guitar was made and not sure what the model is but he said it has a seymour duncan pickups and up greaded pots, any idea where my guitar was made and model? any help and info will be appreciated!!!!

Out of interest - if you really were that clueless, why the heck did you buy it?

Didnt realy occur to me that they would counter fit tokais thinkin it would just be korean or japan, didnt think i would win the bidding also spur of the moment thing and got blinded by the gold top, ill try to contact the seller tho see what happens ......

Latest posts

Back