Could anyone please help me identify my love rock

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gaffers

Reaction score
Could anyone please help me identify my love rock. It is a quilt top VF, there is no dimple in the head stock, or model number under pick-up! Made in korea in gold ink on back of head-stock, white plastic covers on back of guitar and no serial number?
Please, can anybody help with model and approximate date?

Thanks
:D

sounds same as mine
i think its an early korean made one

i think early 90's but i'm sure someone with a lot more knowledge
will have a better idea

Thanks for the info
hope someone out there can help us I've been looking on the net and tokai car'nt have made many models with the QUILTED VF finish, and there must be a time period for the gold lettering without serial numbers and gibson styl headstock, hope someone can let me know what i have great guitar but I'd love to know the model and time period

Here are some photos hope these will help

IMG_3074.jpg

IMG_3134.jpg

IMG_3135.jpg

IMG_3137.jpg

IMG_3138a.jpg

IMG_3139.jpg

IMG_3143.jpg

IMG_3147.jpg

IMG_3149.jpg

IMG_3150.jpg

IMG_3152.jpg

IMG_3154.jpg

IMG_3155.jpg

IMG_3156.jpg

IMG_3158.jpg

IMG_3161.jpg

Thanks for looking :D

iVE been trying to do my homework could this be korean but not made for the uk market ? still dont know witch model??? need help

It's Korean made and has nothing to do with UK models.
It 's an ALS-50-QZ in 2000 to 2010 catalogs.
http://www.tokairegistry.com/images/catalogs/tokai20008.jpg

Dating the guitar without a serial # will be more difficult.
The made in Korea neck stamp is more recent than yr 2000, I think,
and probably corelates to the introduction of the "made in Japan" stamp on domestic models.

Hope this helps a little...

so it is a ALS50QVF but not made for uk market wonder how it got here? did't think they made guitars this good in Korea' Thanks a lot, this is my first tokai and i'm amazed at how good it seems for the price' it cost me ?230 with case.The neck is beautiful and as for the sustain almost feel i can hit a note & i've got time to make a coffee before it dies away lol.ive played a lot of gibsons over the years & this is as good as a lot of them, the neck profile realy feels like an old Gibson. Is it based on a 1959 LP this seems apt as its the year of my birth.Im not a guitar expert mainly a bass player but like to play 6 strings now & again, i have a ricky bass but didn't want to spend a grand for a guitar that i will sadly only play in the house

Gaffers said:
so it is a ALS50QVF but not made for uk market wonder how it got here?

Not made *specifically* for the UK market. They were all like that back then, wherever they were sold.

MIK guitars have been going up in quality for a long time. For a while it looked like they were becoming the new Japan, but that meant they were becoming expensive so all the companies they worked for switched to China.

ok i think were gettin somewhere early korean 1995/2000 ALS50QVF the curren model being the ALS50QZ with zebra pickups and black beading it is modeled on the 1958/59 les paul with paf mk 4 pickups have i got this right so far ???

please does someone know is the top a print as it doesn't look it, and are these mk 4 pick ups?? what year did tokai start making mk 4's would love to be sure of the model as the guitar feels really good

Back