id my tokai goldstar sound

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geo jazz

Reaction score
help i need to know the details of my goldstar sound serial f0102094 stamped on neck plate

sorry guys i cant post them there on my iphone and i dont know why any thing from the number on neck plate

Hiya,

Can you remove the pickguard and take some more pics to see if there is any stamps inside, The guitar doesn't look right to me, I thought the klusion tuners should have slots instead of holes but I might be wrong. the pickgaurd, pickups, neck plate and controls look all wrong. Also are the saddles marked "final pro spec"?

I have a feeling this guitar is a Bitsa guitar I'm sorry to say, need to see inside the pup cavity to see if its a tokai body.

Colin

its a loaded pickquard from carvin no stamping on saddles the pickup cavity is routed for a humbucker in the bridge position

Well If thats the case then I do not think its a Tokai at all. Is there any stamping in the body cavities at all like 1=11 2=8 etc, anything like that? Looks only thing Tokai about it is the decal that someone fitted!

Colin

http://s1101.photobucket.com/albums/g434/geojazz1234/?action=view&current=007.jpg

Nothing like any Tokai markings Ive seen, I think the guitar is a Lemon I'm sorry to say. If you bought it as a Tokai then you should be entitled to a refund, as its not as described.

Saying all that, if it plays nice and you like it then thats all that matters.

Colin

I would have expected stamping like this

P1030900Medium.jpg

P1030947Medium.jpg

P1030905Medium.jpg

and tuners like this

P1030941Medium.jpg

I agree with Colin, the Oldies but goldies decal on the headstock is out of position. the lacquer looks too new to be an 80s tokai. the Tuners look like some Chinese kluson copies I have without the slots. The neck plate is also stamped in the 'wrong' place.

There have been a few recent posts about people taking the time to fake Tokais out of cheap chinese copies (?100 retail) and try to sell them for ?300 on the back of the name.

I have uncovered a few people selling Tokais as Fender strats just by changing the decal. It can be an easy mistake to make to the untrained eye and they play so well anyway.

is it possible that it is a korea model but thanks for all your help and the guitar plays and sounds great cheers

Although I'm not a strat expert that could well be possible, it does have the same type of serialization as Korean Tokai Les Paul models and has Tokai type routing.

geo jazz said:
is it possible that it is a korea model but thanks for all your help and the guitar plays and sounds great cheers

Well no, the only guitars I have seen routed for a humbucker were custom editions(i used to own one) they were MIJ.

There is no evidence this is a tokai at all, as Iain pointed out the decal isn't even on correctly.

Colin

thanks for all your help maybe i will stumble across a older one but until than i will enjoy this one geo

Latest posts

Back