upgrading pickups - help needed.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lesblues

Reaction score
Hi, I first discovered Tokais when I bought a 2nd hand Korean Love Rock about 4 years ago which I was very happy with, until that is, I recently took possession of a new es 135. A truly wonderful guitar. Anyway it has got me thinking that I have to upgrade the pickups on my Love Rock.

I have seen these on Ebay, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160678702867#ht_500wt_1413

Seems to me that they are an upgrade to my existing pups and as they come from a Les Paul I'm assuming they should fit my Love Rock. If anyone can tell me otherwise I would appreciate it. I was also wondering if it is likely that the chrome covers on my existing pups which I'm assuming are mark IVs can be used to replace the gold covers on the new ones?

You can probably tell I have never changed out pickups before, so any words of advice are very welcome.

Thanks
Les

They will fit, but replacing the covers and screws is a challenging job because you shouldbe wax potting them. From what you say I don't think you're up to that kind of work yet.

You are definitely right there. Oh well, I'm sure gold pickups will look just fine. :D thanks for replying.
Les

Latest posts

Back