The current Tokai ATE Tele's are 'magical'.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diamond

Reaction score
I can't explain what it is, they're just magical...and the pickups are surprisingly brilliant.

I can't tell you how many pro players I've spoken to in the last few months who have scrapped their US Fender Tele's, even their Strats, and are blown away by their Tokai ATE70 Tele's.
I'm no Tele expert, so I'm not too sure what makes a great vintage Tele tone, but apparently these Tele's are full of magic.

How many ATE70 Tele players here?

Diamond said:
I can't explain what it is, they're just magical...and the pickups are surprisingly brilliant.

I can't tell you how many pro players I've spoken to in the last few months who have scrapped their US Fender Tele's, even their Strats, and are blown away by their Tokai ATE70 Tele's.
I'm no Tele expert, so I'm not too sure what makes a great vintage Tele tone, but apparently these Tele's are full of magic.

Are you a dealer?

I have a 2009 ATE-65 that is pretty impressive. As you mention the pickups are nice sounding and the guitar is great for the price I paid. A good Fender Tele or Strat will have enough of its own magic too though.

in my hands...... they are ALL "magical" ....whooagh!!! a ha!!! ha ha!!!

ha haa!!!....haaa!!!!(add reverb here) ....ha haaaaaaaa haaaaaa..........

I believe ToKai built alot of Fender CIJ telecasters beginning in the late nineties. (post Fugigen) some with USA pickups. Most were non-export models for domestic consumption.

f5joe said:
Diamond said:

Are you a dealer?

Ya, why?

jacco said:
Because it's obvious? :wink:

Ya, I would have thought it was obvious myself considering the WWW in my sig. :D

But, they're not magical guitars because I'm a distributor, they're magical because they're magical, and after all, this is the Tokai forum, the only forum on the internet where I'm legally allowed to talk about Tokai guitars. :lol:

Diamond said:
But, they're not magical guitars because I'm a distributor, they're magical because they're magical, and after all, this is the Tokai forum, the only forum on the internet where I'm legally allowed to talk about Tokai guitars. :lol:

+1 :D

Diamond said:
f5joe said:
Diamond said:

Are you a dealer?

Ya, why?

Sorry, didn't delve into your www. Sounded over stated like a dealer might. Not a problem now that I know.

Diamond is well known round here for being very enthusiastic about Tokais, but he's obviously genuine, he believes the guitars he sells are excellent, which they are ;)

JohnA said:
Diamond is well known round here for being very enthusiastic about Tokais, but he's obviously genuine, he believes the guitars he sells are excellent, which they are ;)

Thanks, John.

JohnA said:

No doubt John. I just want to know when I'm dealing with a dealer.

There was what turned out to be a dealer selling Tokais in Member Classifieds in another forum. He did not state that he was a dealer. Enthusiasm or not, being a dealer brings a somewhat different viewpoint to the mix. Not disparaging Mr. Diamond though.

Agreed f5Joe, Diamond doesn't hide it though, far from it, but if an unbiased opinion is what you want he's not your man ;)

Nothing wrong with believing in your product. Heck, he even convinced me (my wife can confirm that?s not an easy task). I stumbled upon this forum while searching for info on that other brand that makes sort of similar guitars, and guys like Diamond turned me around into buying a Tokai (untested, not much Tokai?s in Belgium). Believe it or not when the guitar arrived there were some minor issues with it :D , but I didn?t regret buying a Tokai based on enthusiastic forum talk. :wink:

mmmh,I have no idea where I could buy one in Germany.Are those available in Japan only or is the name different ? I can find a TE 100 in ebay here...is that the same as you described Diamond ?

t.olsen said:
mmmh,I have no idea where I could buy one in Germany.Are those available in Japan only or is the name different ? I can find a TE 100 in ebay here...is that the same as you described Diamond ?

The ATE100 is the higher end model, actually in the catalog it's listed as ATE115...nitro finish, ASH body, MK11 pickups, blonde finish, etc.
The ATE70 models are alder, poly, MK111 pickups...available in ash but I prefer alder.

Does the TE100 you're seeing have an alder body, or is it Ash/Blonde?

It's an alder body perhaps because it's a 55 RI

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Tokai-TE100-55-2t-Sunburst-2-pc-Body-JAPAN-NEU-/160659194466?pt=Gitarren&hash=item256808c262

When I use google I cannot find one single dealer offering the ATE series,except outside Europe

I couldn?t find a new one in Belgium either, so I bought a Baja. :oops: :wink:

TE100-62 / TE100-55 = alder body
TE100-52 = ash body

t.olsen said:
It's an alder body perhaps because it's a 55 RI

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Tokai-TE100-55-2t-Sunburst-2-pc-Body-JAPAN-NEU-/160659194466?pt=Gitarren&hash=item256808c262

When I use google I cannot find one single dealer offering the ATE series,except outside Europe

This is it, the higher end version of the ATE70...I can't imagine how good this guitar must be.
The only reason I ordered the ATE70s instead of the ATE100s was because of price...I wanted to keep the price down & under Fender prices.

Latest posts

Back