LS95S with nickel plated brass saddles?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

felixcatus

Reaction score
There is a red brass color starting to show on the top side of the saddle. In the catalog only the LS140 and higher models have brass saddles. The guitar is an LS95S, construction year: 2009. I must add that it might be a special order. Do any of you guys have fairly new higher end Tokai?s where the nickel plating starts to wear off? Has anyone ever tried to remove the nickel plating?

Some of my Premium Series guitars come with no nickel plating on the brass saddles, looks very cool, and some come nickel plated.

Your LS95S shouldn't have brass saddles.

IMG_6852.jpg

IMG_6853.jpg

IMG_6854.jpg

I bought it from a Bulgarian jazz musician who lives in Austria. He told me that he selected it from 4 same models and that it's brand new. Here?s a tread with a photo of the actual guitar I?ve got.
http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=113931
When she arrived I checked the position of the pole pieces, saddles and tailpiece studs. They were in accordance with the photo from the tread. So I don?t think its altered. The only difference was that the tailpiece studs were bend (I changed them with a locking kit and aluminum tailpiece.)
This is what i know:
-imported by Tokai Germany
-medium tenon
-3 piece back
-LP ?old MK2 pickups, green and yellow isolated wires
-500 k-ohm pots, Japan G?
-zamac or zinc tailpiece
-2 piece maple top
-9,9lbs/ 4,5kg
-correct headstock, old Tokai trc, violin finish

VERY nice guitar!!

That looks more like copper than brass to my eyes. Next time you take it off, see if it's stamped with anything on the bottom

marcusnieman said:
VERY nice guitar!!

That looks more like copper than brass to my eyes. Next time you take it off, see if it's stamped with anything on the bottom

No markings on the bottom.
Is this the standard bridge(nickel platted copper saddles), for the ?low? end MIJ Tokai?s?

felixcatus said:
marcusnieman said:
VERY nice guitar!!

No markings on the bottom.
Is this the standard bridge(nickel platted copper saddles), for the ?low? end MIJ Tokai?s?

Yeah, I'd say it's just a standard bridge.

marcusnieman said:
VERY nice guitar!!

Thank you, like I said before, your wise words " Buy it and worry about it later because it will be gone" made me pull the trigger on this one.

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=139218&highlight=#139218

Little translation confusion here. In Belgium we name both brass and copper as copper, we differentiate it by color, red and yellow
Just to be sure:
Brass = yellow copper (and zinc alloy)
Copper = red copper

Correct?

PS: In my small country( Belgium) we have 3 official languages(Flemish, French and German) English is becoming my 4th. But I?m still learning. Anyway, thank you all for your patience with me and for the useful info you keep presenting me.

felixcatus said:
Little translation confusion here. In Belgium we name both brass and copper as copper, we differentiate it by color, red and yellow
Just to be sure:
Copper = red copper

Correct?

PS: In my small country( Belgium) we have 3 official languages(Flemish, French and German) English is becoming my 4th. But I?m still learning. Anyway, thank you all for your patience with me and for the useful info you keep presenting me.

Brass is an alloy.... meaning made up of more than one element - copper and zinc

Copper is a single element

marcusnieman said:
felixcatus said:
Just to be sure:
Copper = red copper

Correct?

Brass is an alloy.... meaning made up of more than one element - copper and zinc

Okay, that's correct Marcus.
But, we call pickup covers nickel-silver, and there ain't no silver in them..
So, I can understand the red copper and yellow copper.
Language is a funny thing..

Mick51 said:
marcusnieman said:
felixcatus said:
Just to be sure:
Copper = red copper

Correct?

Okay, that's correct Marcus.
But, we call pickup covers nickel-silver, and there ain't no silver in them..
So, I can understand the red copper and yellow copper.
Language is a funny thing..

It's all good....I knew what you meant.

Back