replacement bridge/tail piece for tokai lc85

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomasw88

Reaction score
Anyone recommend a replacement bridge and tailpiece for a tokai lc? Looking for something that will a) drop in and b) improve sustain and c) be cheapish!

Improve sustain...why...you too lazy to use your fingers? :)

Seriously, Tokais sustain for weeks, it's hard to shut them up. :)

Diamond said:

True but I think that the Faber gear (alum tailpiece with locking studs, improved bridge studs... also locking if you want, brass saddle bridge) really adds to over all tone.... not just the sustain. The difference isn't negligible.... it's pretty dramatic.

marcusnieman said:
Diamond said:

True but I think that the Faber gear (alum tailpiece with locking studs, improved bridge studs... also locking if you want, brass saddle bridge) really adds to over all tone.... not just the sustain. The difference isn't negligible.... it's pretty dramatic.

How much is the full kit?

Diamond said:
marcusnieman said:
Diamond said:

How much is the full kit?

US distributor is CV Guitars info is here and will give you an idea:

http://www.cvgshop.com/Faber-Parts/c4/index.html?osCsid=l9j67q54nlugrb4ek0t0c3p626

International orders thru Gottfried:

http://www.tokaiguitar.de/produkte.php?kategorie=2-2

That looks really good but a bit pricey at the moment due to some gassage this month already.

. The problem I'm having at the moment is that a couple of bridge saddles move from side to side when I do a bend.

Does anyone know where can I get replacement saddles that will fit the lc85?

thomasw88 said:
That looks really good but a bit pricey at the moment due to some gassage this month already.

. The problem I'm having at the moment is that a couple of bridge saddles move from side to side when I do a bend.

The Gotoh ABR's are pretty good too, I've had a few as replacements for old Tokais, they are cheap too!

Is that the ge101? Does that just fit in direct?

Ie

guitarpartsworldwide.com/Gotoh+GE101+Tuneomatic+Bridge+(More+Options)+PU1ETjFBRE14b0RkalZIWnZKSGM

Hey there!
Check out the Allparts brass saddle bridge, as it?s the closest bridge to old Les Paul bridges to me. Faber bridge is?nt bad, but I do not like it if everything at that end of the guitar is so tight.

Everything tightened (bridge and STP) also sounds different and in some case tightening (or locking) must not be an improvement.

A very expensive Les Paul style guitar I was working on did loose a lot of bass when locking screws of the bridge that was mounted. When loosening the screws the bass got back. Funny thing! So better check out different things to get best results.

Cheers, ACY!

Another thing about the bridges ........ think about the sound you wonna get. Brass saddles sound big different to hard zinc saddles like used on the Gotohs.

The Gotohs (to me) sound more aggressive, a bit less mids, and more presence on upper strings.

Brass saddles give you the old Les Paul sound (the 59 Les Pauls had brass saddles and alu STPs) and very juicy sound, ........

.......... I love it! 8)

cya!

Got so much work, only lil time to have a look in some nice places. My soldering iron seems to be glued to my hand, and instead of hair I got guitar strings coming out of my skin! :wink:

thomasw88 said:

Go to a hobby shop or motor spares shop and get yourself some of these C-Clips....clip them in inside the front of the bridge, they'll stop the saddles from moving.

4883827252_2e5a05fec9.jpg

That's obvious, as Tokai hardware is made by Gotoh...
You've bought alluminium or zinc tailpiece?

Latest posts

Back