MIJ Love Rock Les Paul Standard ID Help,

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyexo

Reaction score
Hey all. I'm trying to make sure I have an authentic MIJ before I go selling it. The issue is that I've read the MIJ Tokais have 2 TRC holes. Well this one has none and never had any. No holes are drilled and tapped for a TRC. Everything else points to an LS80 year 2003. Any help is much appreciated. I do not want to risk my perfect selling record on this.
IMG_6674.jpg

IMG_6676.jpg

IMG_6678.jpg

IMG_6679.jpg

IMG_6681.jpg

IMG_6682.jpg

IMG_6684.jpg

IMG_6685.jpg

The TRC thing is utterly bizzarre, but you've definately got a 2003 MIJ guitar there.

Serial number, headstock shape, knobs, bridge hardware, pickup rings, back plates, everything is legit.

MASTER VOLUME said:
where abouts is the ' made in japan ' stamp on the neck ?

My MIJ was made around the same time and it just had a sticker at the base of the headstock. It didn't stay there long, as is the case with most of them.

I agree it definitely looks all legit but how/why did it leave the factory without holes drilled for a truss rod cover and the truss rod cover itself.....must surely have been deliberate........ beats me. Can't believe that it's had a headstock veneer put on but I guess it's possible. If anyone had gone to that much trouble they'd have fitted a TRC.

Dave

DaveWW said:
I agree it definitely looks all legit but how/why did it leave the factory without holes drilled for a truss rod cover and the truss rod cover itself.....must surely have been deliberate........ beats me.
Dave

Must have left the factory with a truss rod cover...what beats me is why a previous owner removed the cover and filled the holes...maybe he wanted to put on a bell cover, so he filled the holes and never got down to putting the new cover on.

Diamond said:
DaveWW said:
I agree it definitely looks all legit but how/why did it leave the factory without holes drilled for a truss rod cover and the truss rod cover itself.....must surely have been deliberate........ beats me.
Dave

Must have left the factory with a truss rod cover...what beats me is why a previous owner removed the cover and filled the holes...maybe he wanted to put on a bell cover, so he filled the holes and never got down to putting the new cover on.

There is no sign that holes ever existed. I looked at it close. Never been drilled.

Latest posts

Back