What string gauge are you using with your LoveRocks?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRude

Reaction score
I'm using GHS Strings gauged 10-52 (thin / thick) and the guitar (LC-65) is tuned to Eb.

What are you using?
BR,
Jeff

I used that set of GHS's back in the 80's and stopped after I tried a set of the Ernie Ball RPS 11's, the TnT set seemed off balance but I was predomanitly a Strat player then. Here in Texas EVERY strat player sounds the same { SRV oh please, enough!} and they play with cable sized strings. Having a hard time getting the RPS 11's so I use the regular Slinky 11's on the strats, but I have a case of the RPS 11's stashed for the Love Rocks and Les Pauls. Pyrimid strings on the Rick's and Gretsch's. I got nothin against Stevie Ray but go to any bar in Dallas , Austin Hell, all of Texas ! and you'll find some jerk with a strat, a concho belt and a hat with an ostrich plumm in it sing'n bout Floods in Texas! Sorry bout the rant ! Have a great weekend everyone! :D

I've used Ernie Ball Slinky 10's since I started playing. My new love rock came strung with girly-man 9's, but given the chronic buzzing I'd say it was set up for 10's.

Back