2001 Korean limiteds

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polarbear

Reaction score
My Love Rock doesn't have a serial, but its made in Korea.

Do I have a Korean Limited Edition from 2001?

How much is it worth if it is?

Thanks,

George

Polarbear said:
My Love Rock doesn't have a serial, but its made in Korea.

Do I have a Korean Limited Edition from 2001?

How much is it worth if it is?

Thanks,

George

Nope... Limited editions had correct headstocks and serial numbers matching the year model it was based on. The 58 or 59 version was something like 201959 and the 56 goldtop with P90s was 201956. I had one of each. Trussrod cover had MM2001 on it.... these were made for and distributed by Mikes Music in Canada.... word has it that these were not Tokai licensed. Great guitars though

marcusnieman said:
Nope... Limited editions had correct headstocks and serial numbers matching the year model it was based on. The 58 or 59 version was something like 201959 and the 56 goldtop with P90s was 201956. I had one of each. Trussrod cover had MM2001 on it.... these were made for and distributed by Mikes Music in Canada.... word has it that these were not Tokai licensed. Great guitars though

Thanks for replying.

I've taken a picture of the back of the headstock.

DSC00665.jpg

Why hasn't it got a serial number?

Polarbear said:
marcusnieman said:
As someone said earlier, the early MIK's didn't have serial numbers

No one ever said why though...

You're killing me here..... does it really matter? The lack of serial number makes it identifiable as an EARLY MIK Tokai.... mid to late 1990's

marcusnieman said:
Polarbear said:
marcusnieman said:
As someone said earlier, the early MIK's didn't have serial numbers

No one ever said why though...

You're killing me here..... does it really matter? The lack of serial number makes it identifiable as an EARLY MIK Tokai.... mid to late 1990's

Sorry, just wanna know the origins of my guitar. Thats why I came on this forum...

Sorry for asking a question.

Polarbear said:
Sorry, just wanna know the origins of my guitar. Thats why I came on this forum...

Sorry for asking a question.

There's no problem with asking questions about your guitar.... but you're asking the same questions about the same guitar in two different posts. The serial number thing was answered in this thread:

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=17942

It'll be alot easier on you and everybody else if you keep your posts about a specific guitar in one thread.

mine is exactly the same as yours and have been told its a korean made ls48
paid ?300 for mine not sure if that was over the odds or not but very happy with it

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=17698&highlight=

carl300367 said:
mine is exactly the same as yours and have been told its a korean made ls48
paid ?300 for mine not sure if that was over the odds or not but very happy with it

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=17698&highlight=

I have the nipple on the headstock ;)

Thanks for the reply Carl. I love this guitar to bits!

i've got one the same as yours as well polar bear, and a non s/no 61 reissue sg in natural. both kickass geetars :p
gibson 57 classics in the als with 0.022 uf orange drops---superb!
gibson 498t bridge & gibson p94 neck 0.047uf orange drop bridge, 0.022 uf orange drop neck-----killer!
when i were a lad, me and my mates all gauged the quality of a geetar on how low the action was, hofners allways gave you the high action blues :lol:
these early korean models are quality, no doubt about it.
how do we know which model number we've got though?

jonah65 said:
i've got one the same as yours as well polar bear, and a non s/no 61 reissue sg in natural. both kickass geetars :p
gibson 57 classics in the als with 0.022 uf orange drops---superb!
gibson 498t bridge & gibson p94 neck 0.047uf orange drop bridge, 0.022 uf orange drop neck-----killer!
when i were a lad, me and my mates all gauged the quality of a geetar on how low the action was, hofners allways gave you the high action blues :lol:
these early korean models are quality, no doubt about it.
how do we know which model number we've got though?

Hofners always high action bluesy guitars :lol:
Sounds like you have some lovely instruments there Jonah, please, post pics :)

I read somewhere that in the neck pocket, theres a sticker with a number on. Mine has a green sticker with '6' on it. Check yours.

there is a green sticker with a number that looks like a 5 without a top on it?
never noticed it before.
how do post pictures?

jonah65 said:
there is a green sticker with a number that looks like a 5 without a top on it?
never noticed it before.
how do post pictures?

Mines the same, but with 6 :p

Use a free photo hosting website like Photobucket, Imageshack etc, then link it up to here using the
codes :)

Cant wait to see pics man

cameras got a flat battery :-? , will try and get some pictures on here tomorrow- must warn you headstock logo has been downgraded by the last owner to a gi*son one.:roll:
it may take a while for me to get to grips with this photergraffing gizmo, cause i'm an old git.
anyway must get back to practicing me worzels classics.
bye for now.

DIGI0356.jpg

theres another marshall 4x12 under that one, but you can't see it in that picture- my practice room is so small, i couldn't stand far enough back to get them both in. 8)

?250 off flea-bay, 4x12's ?90 & ?120 c/w celestion 35watt drivers off flea-bay, ?460 for a full stack aint bad.
i have to turn it all the way up now though, as it's made me deaf as a post.

Latest posts

Back