I need help IDing this Tokai love rocks

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vscrl1

Reaction score
From what i can tell, im guessing this guitar is a newer chinese fake, but i need some one else opinion. this guy is saying its a 1978 love rock, but i cant tell for sure. he is trying to trade it for my gibson sg. heres a link to his craigslist ad, and the serial number is 786512, and he said theres another number embedded in the fretboard? so lost. i dont want to get burnt on this thing. http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/msg/2134434577.html with the toggle cover being 2 screws and a 6 digit serial, im guessing fake. can anyone help me? im a newb to these guitars. thanks in advance guys. the pics on the ad are all he showed me in email. theres no pics of the headstock, but it looks like there may be writing on the back of the headstock? hard to tell.

heres another link for the exact same guitar. again, no pics of the headstock.
http://muncie.craigslist.org/msg/2135961852.html

Keep your Gibby SG, at this stage anyway.
Ask for some more pics, showing the serial number, headstock logo decal, neck pocket, back of pickups.
If the 6 didit serial is what it has, I would pass on it automatically, but that is me. :wink:
You did the right thing to ask questions here, than trade your Gibson on an unknown at the moment.

Looks like a Canadian ordered Fakai.

2 screws in the switch cover, there looks to be the "Make in Korea" sticker between the tuners, extra dimple headstock, zebra pickups, black vol & tone knobs, Korean Tune-o-matic.....

Dreamin'

$300.00 tops

Ok so the seller has told me he gave me the wrong serial number. Says it's 8017923. He also said that it says made in japan at the end of the fretboard and that the number 610 in the fretboard at the end of it? I'm confused. I'm going to have to go look at it and get some pics or something

I inquired as well. On 1/1/11 he sent me a photo of the back of the headstock - 200376 in gold ink. I asked for photos of the front of the headstock and of the fretboard inprint (since he said it was a 1978). He has yet to respond. He is certainly misrepresenting this guitar as something it is not.

Wow that's the 3rd different serial number ive heard from him then hahaha definitely staying clear. Thanks guys.

Back