Flipping saddles on LS125F

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

striker327

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I recently found that I needed to flip around the saddles on the treble side on my Tokai LS125f in order to get a little more room to move them back.. though it seems that I can't pull the saddles out.. are they locked in? or is there some kind of trick for pulling them out..

Many thanx,
Mike :)

Had to do that too. Assuming that it's the same bridge design (not necessarily the case given that mine's from '83) it should just be a matter of removing the retaining wire and lifting them out.

Umm thing is I don't think that it has a retaining wire.. As far as I know the bridge is called an ABR-1 if that helps :\

As far as I know, those bridge saddles are non-removeable - had a similar thing with an LS I own - if you look closely at just behind the screw heads you will see they are sealed with some kind of compound - if you try to force them you will strip the screw head.

Actually they probably can be removed - the 'compound' Johnny describes sounds like the plastic washer that sits under the screw head.

Look at the bridge straight on - at the upper end of the saddle screws and under the top of the bridge itself you will see that there are round metal c-shaped clips wrapped around the screws (they are called circlips, and if you have seen Dunlop straplocks they hold the lock on the strap using the same thing). To remove the saddles you must position the open end of the clip towards the body of the guitar, grip the circlip with a pair of needle nose pliers and pull them out gently but firmly. The saddle can then be easily unscrewed.

Paladin2019 said:
Look at the bridge straight on - at the upper end of the saddle screws and under the top of the bridge itself you will see that there are round metal c-shaped clips wrapped around the screws (they are called circlips, and if you have seen Dunlop straplocks they hold the lock on the strap using the same thing). To remove the saddles you must position the open end of the clip towards the body of the guitar, grip the circlip with a pair of needle nose pliers and pull them out gently but firmly. The saddle can then be easily unscrewed.

Spot on, correct.

I spent 2 hours driving around today looking to buy a few of these.
I tried about 5 motor spares shops, no luck, then I went into a hobby shop, guys that sell remote controlled cars/helicopters, etc...they had the small 'circlips'.

hmm I checked if it had circlips but doesn't seem to.. maybe I'm gonna have to replace the bridge.. will a gibson ABR-1 fit?

striker327 said:
hmm I checked if it had circlips but doesn't seem to.. maybe I'm gonna have to replace the bridge.. will a gibson ABR-1 fit?

No a Gibson ABR is imperial rather than metric and the hole spacing is a tiny bit too narrow, it would probably hammer on but you could bend the studs. Gotoh are my fave replacements, sound great and well priced too!

striker327 said:

Photos? The manufacturer got them on. It's rather unlikely there's no way to get them off.

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg
[/img]

Sorry for the bad quality :\

Back