What is my Tokai Love Rock LS75 worth?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squealer

Reaction score
Hey,

i have a mij 2004 Tokai Love Rock in cherry sunburst. LS75 i guess.
Changed to pots to new ones with 500k in military quality. complete braided shielded wire. Leosound PAF on neck and you can choose between SD Sh-6, APH-II and also Leosound PAF for bridge position. Switchcraft toogle switch and output jack.
Bought it new and played it almost never!
Besides some buckle-wear very good condition!

I want to sell it, in GERMANY.

What do you think is it worth? without case and shipping.
Please consider the german market - if its so different!

Squealer said:
I want to sell it, in GERMANY.

What do you think is it worth? without case and shipping.
Please consider the german market - if its so different!

The simple answer is it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it and what you are willing to let it go for. You know what you paid for it, how much you have in it ..... let that be your guide.

Hard for me to consider the German market being here in the states but it can't be that much different than here.... the economy sucks and prices are way down on guitar sales. If you're looking to make money on it, be prepared to be disappointed. Good luck on the sale

An LS75? Those POSs aren't worth much. I'll take it off your hands for 50 euro... I'm doing you a favour really. :lol:

Seriously though, what Marcus said. My advice would be to stick the original pickups back in it and sell the upgrade pickups separately. You might maximise your returns a bit that way.

Right now there's a winter sale of probably the largest chain of music stores in The Netherlands (Feedback) where they sell a Wine Red Gibson Les Paul Studio for ? 799,-. Personally I wouldn't trade any of my Japanese Tokai's for a Gibson Les Paul Studio. At similar price levels however, most logo conditioned people probably will go for a Gibson rather than a Tokai. The price differences seem to become less and less. For me, my LS 85Q is definitely worth more than ? 799,-, I would not sell it for anything less than ? 900,- unless I really needed the cash. At starvation level ? 600,- would be my lowest limit.

Herbert

youami said:
An LS75? Those POSs aren't worth much. I'll take it off your hands for 50 euro... I'm doing you a favour really. :lol:

Seriously though, what Marcus said. My advice would be to stick the original pickups back in it and sell the upgrade pickups separately. You might maximise your returns a bit that way.

omg, i sold them. they totally sucked, just muddy sounding. every epiphone sounded better than this, haha.

but i received an offer now from a guy who would give me 650 euro for the guitar.

BUT:

He want to send me 2500 Euro via check and i deduct my 650 euro and transfer the rest of the money to his international shipper via western union, who will arrange the pick up of the guitar.

That sounds a little strange in my ears, what do you think?

settebello said:
Dont do that it's a fraud.

Volker

that's what i thought first but then i thought that nothing can happen when HE sends the money to ME and i deduct MY money and send the rest to another one.
This has nothing to do with my bank etc.
I don't really know where the fraud shouldbe but i'm a little bit sceptic...

Squealer said:
What could happen to me?

If the check is not real i just keep my guitar?!

If the bank is real but based in Africa or something the funds can take months to clear. By the time it bounces you'll have sent him the guitar and moved on with your life thinking everything is ok.

The guy is sending you more than you asked for, which is a massive risk for him if he's for real... which is what lulls you into a false sense of security. Classic scam - consider yourself duly warned. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

FWIW I swapped a 2007 LS-75 with Faber Hardware, Kluson tuners and an SKB flight case for an amp priced at 800 EUR second hand (1200 new). So that could be the market's sweet spot, I guess. These days is so hard to sell anything that you should definitely consider trades, you could get something interesting in return.

On the other hand, that's how I ended up with two amps that are 2000km away and I don't play them :)

Squealer said:
Anyone?

The problem is that noone will pay the price that i want for the guitar, haha ;) As much as possilbe :p

That's what we're trying to say.... it doesn't matter what you want for it. It will sell for what someone is willing to pay. Either sell it for what it will get or put it away

Squealer said:
Anyone?

The problem is that noone will pay the price that i want for the guitar, haha ;) As much as possilbe :p

Stick it on ebay. Take good photos, write a proper description, start it at 0.99 and put it on a 10-day auction on a Thursday evening.

Let the market decide what it's worth.

Paladin2019 said:
Stick it on ebay. Take good photos, write a proper description, start it at 0.99 and put it on a 10-day auction on a Thursday evening.

Exactly :wink:

Paladin2019 said:
Squealer said:
Anyone?

I did that recently with a Greco Strat, and actually felt a bit guilty when it sold for as much as it did :oops: I had a Bacchus BST57 on ebay for weeks with a very reasonable Buy it Now and didn't get a sniff! the 0.99 start is the way forward if you've got the balls! :wink:

Agreed..... bidders want to feel like they are in control of their own destiny and often end up paying more than you'd have expected once the bidding starts up

Back