Tokai suppliers, mainly an LS150 plain top in violin finish

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schmintan

Reaction score
Im wondering if you folks can tell me where i can source Tokai guitars. I know of richtoneMusic in the UK, but i want to shop around and see what the best price i can find.

Also, richtoneMusic dont have what i want exactly. i want to see whats the best price for a Tokai Love Rock LS150 plain top in violin finish.

Thanks all.

given both a look.Ishibashi doesnt have any tokai's and Kurosawa prices are almost on par with richtone music, and thats before import duty!

schmintan said:
given both a look.Ishibashi doesnt have any tokai's and Kurosawa prices are almost on par with richtone music, and thats before import duty!

Hmmm... the only other EU supplier I can think of is:

http://www.tokaiguitar.de/1.php

i can see guitars on that site, but in the shop section there are only bridges and tailpieces.

I bought mine brand new on eBay from yasoohmusic1109 - very pleased with the price, shipping and communication from them.

schmintan said:

That suggests to me that Richtone's prices are competitive. And since they have a reputation on here for good service, maybe we should be supporting them at times like these?

Try Ikebe and others. Ikebe shop has a great site. Also jguitars.com japan. It lists 1000's of new and guitars for sale in japan music stores. Updates ever couple hours. Great. Not related to Jguitars onthe web that does tab or something. Google Jguitar tokyo. Google offers a translate to english link that is helpful but challenged. Enjoy.

I've spent more time than is good for me on digimart.net. That's basically an online shopping mall for guitar stores. I have google chrome installed and it translates automatically from Japanese to English (enough to make it understandable). Many of the stores there don't do international shipping but enough do. And the nice thing is you can go there every day and wait till a good deal comes along. For instance, last week Musicland offered a couple of LS160 violin finish Tokais there (on Digimart) for 100,000 Yen (regular price 134,000). They were flametops though.

A good place for second hand gear (and the occasional new piece) is Yahoo Auctions Japan (which is to them what Ebay is to us), and use Rinkya (forwarding service). Now with the shipping, taxes and Rinkya fees, you may not save much.

Lastly, there's several sellers on Ebay that can order Tokais for you. I ordered one last month from a billcasexu1981. I'll have to wait 5 months as it's being made on order, but all in all I thought I got a good deal, and the shipping costs weren't bad. And I'm lucky to live in a country where import taxes are just 7%. I would first check with the Ebay sellers, I think that will tell you immediately whether Richtone's prices are ballpark the same or if you can make substantial savings.

Latest posts

Back