How was your weekend

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ned

Reaction score
Mine basically sucked. No site work, no playing just laying sod and spreading dirt around the backyard.

I did however drop by the screen printers on Saturday morning and got the low down on getting t-shirts made. Goal is to finialize the design and I've got an idea that I think will satisfy everyone, then get the shirts made and ordered. Then it's set up a shopping cart (might use PayPal) and a shipping tool.

Should have this process complete in about a month which seems like a long time but when you only have about 2 hours a day to work on it...

Hope everyone had a better weekend than me.

Ned

No mud, no shovelling - outside gig, lots of beer, cops left us alone till midnight, boy I'm making you guys mad !!! Shirts sound like they are coming along great !!

:D I got to paint the trim on the house, mow the yard, wash both cars, take my daughter Cello shopping...$4k to $8k is the price range, then hang out downtown during Youth Orchestra rehersal with a bunch of "Cackeling Yentas" (housewives} Laying sod sounds like a visit to Club Med! :eek: They say {The Symphony Set} that the Japanese make lousy Cellos... Come on Tokai help a brother out!! :-?

Did a gig for charideee (as we say in the UK)

The local mental health hospital had an open day, a sort of meet the community type thing where the patients get to mingle with the locals.

Anyway my band was asked to provide the music - now this is where it gets funny coz we're a blues band - the set list ..........

Yup - quite a few tricky lyric changes were required to prevent a national incident! :lol:

Still everyone had a really good time - they put on a BBQ which was great we played outside in the sun for a change - all in all a great day.

With out wanting to get too sloppy I'd just add that when you see music having such a positve effect on the lives of people that society would rather forget it just brings home why this guitar noise thing is so important.

GB

:lol: Guitarboy, I can't stop laughing! A blues band at a mental health gathering, that just struck me as hysterical! but on second thought the blues make me feel Great! then again I take my Wellbutron in the morning and at lunch and top of the evening with my mood stabilizer, a Fresca and Absolute , Howard Stern and King of The Hill... :roll: while sitting in my chair looking at my guitars :wink:

Tokaiguy wrote

"while sitting in my chair looking at my guitars"

I spend about 30% of the time when I'm watching TV admiring mine too!
:D

:eek: It is truly a sickness! A guy I grew up with during the British Invasion of 64', and have just reconnected with after almost 30 MF"N years has the same affliction!! He collects Rickenbacker 4001's In 64' his Dad made us Beatle guitars out of ply wood ...the Dude made a killer 325 /3/4! And Dave's collection has been spotlighted in Vintage Guitar Magazine!! :D IT's ALIVE!

Yeah the amusement wasn't lost on us either :)

It was alomost a case of reading out disclaimers before the start of each song.
:lol:

GB

Latest posts

Back