MIK Loverocks

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rayspang

Reaction score
I have read on the net that there are many fake MIK Tokai's or Canadian Fakai's. I guess my question is this. Why would anyone go to the trouble to counterfit a $300 guitar? Logic would tell you that they would copy the upper end Japanese models to make $$$. I can understand faking a $7000 Gibby, but a $300 guitar does not make sense. There were real ALS48's or equivalent made in Korea weren't there?

This is a can of worms, no one really knows the full story as far as I can tell.

rayspang said:
I guess my question is this. Why would anyone go to the trouble to counterfit a $300 guitar?

To sell a $150 guitar. Folks are less familiar with Tokai and therefore less likely to ask questions, or have them answered by knowledgeable people. Plus tokai don't have gibson or fender's legal team.

Tokai is safer to fake.

As far as we know, there was only one major fakery incident and it was mostly confined to canada and some parts of the US so this isn't really a far-reaching trend. In fact, that particular incident appears to have been more about spitting in the company's eye rather than profiteering.

Yeah right!!
You have a point
Dont judge if you did not see!!
If you have no probe,evidence.
Thank you for such a great listener!!

God Bless

vaporboy said:
This is a can of worms, no one really knows the full story as far as I can tell.

Not really true. Mick & Ozeshin did a lot of work to track the story behind the fake Tokais, & they set up a website & forum dedicated to this:

http://almosttokai.freeforums.org/

Have a look over there - you'll probably find that they can answer most of your questions.

Mike

Back