Elixir strings

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickH

Reaction score
Anybody tried these on their Tokai? Are they any good or does the Gore-Tex affect the tone

I put a set on my acoustic a year ago, I don't play it much but they still sound good and look new but yes they do look funny when they start to fray! My friends who play acoustics swear by them! Haven't heard anyone using them on an electric.

I use them on my TKM LR - there are two types, Nanoweb & Polyweb. The Nanos seem to last longer and don't go furry like the Poly's. I have very acid skin, I go through the Polys almost as fast as conventional strings so I prefer the Nanos but they seem to be harder to find in the stores. Both have good tone though & are probably easier on the frets - but they are expensive.

Cheers vaporboy. I've just purchased a couple of sets on the net from Stringbusters and it was ?15 for both, delivered to the door the next day which is not massively expensive. I'll let you know what I think

Latest posts

Back