Another happy tokai owner ;)

Tokai guitar discussion

Moderators: ian, ned

RG505bk
I only know 3 chords

Another happy tokai owner ;)

Post by RG505bk » Fri Sep 06, 2002 2:59 pm

Now it's official, I'm a proud owner of a beautiful LS-75Q in amber burst (I guess thats what you'd call it). Plays like a dream and sounds wonderful, like a choir of angels if needed ;) Anyway thanks to all of you who replied my other post about the tokai Les Paul Custom, the guitar is still out there - for 650 Eur (case included). If you're interested take a look at this site: www.kitarapaja.com

stratdeluxer
Guitar God

Post by stratdeluxer » Sat Sep 07, 2002 1:38 am

Rg......Welcome to the land of Tokai worshipers! ;o) I'm a very recent Tokai Love Rock owner....I just got mine less than a week ago and it's a great guitar...Thought I'd chime in after seeing no responses to you yet...Congrats to you and enjoy your new friend. ;o)

John

RG505bk
I only know 3 chords

Post by RG505bk » Sat Sep 07, 2002 1:50 am

I will, no doubt...
I'll post some pictures in the future ;)

tokaiguy
Guitar God

Post by tokaiguy » Sat Sep 07, 2002 8:28 am

Becareful! you will become infected like the rest of us! :wink: Congrats! Caint wait to see it!

RG505bk
I only know 3 chords

Post by RG505bk » Sat Sep 07, 2002 8:41 am

It'll be a while since I've got to borrow a digi camera, but there will be pics ;)

nakamichi
Guitar God

Sexy thang

Post by nakamichi » Sat Oct 05, 2002 6:02 am

He's in love!
Brian Robinson

Gregert
Power chords are my friend

Post by Gregert » Sat Oct 05, 2002 10:53 am

Congratulations!

I know exactly how you feel. At the moment I'm waiting for a Tokai Firebird I bought from Canada (I WILL post the "verdict") and last night I just as well secured the most beautiful Lap steel I've ever seen at eBay.
70 year old, all mahogany, gold leaf ornamentation, perfect condition.

Ahhh, the rush of getting a new guitar...........
:D

Gregert
Steinar G
-Guitar Legend in my spare mind

ned
Guitar God

Post by ned » Sat Oct 05, 2002 6:39 pm

And yet another one drinks the Kool Aid...

toweysan
Guitar God

Post by toweysan » Sun Oct 06, 2002 3:46 pm

:D :D :D
Me too!!!!!!
I have recently become the proud owner of an '85 Love Rock, which is the finest instrument imaginable! I was going to announce it in the local paper, but the missus advised me against it, so i'm announcing it here instead. Shes a flame top cherry sunburst number, and as far as I can tell, it looks for all the world like a solid flame top, as opposed to a veneer. Also the neck is quite slim, compared to the G****ns I've tried, does this make her a replica of a "1960" LP i wonder? The pickups are enclosed "Tokai paf '57"s . Could anyone help me out on the model number this is? Also, anyone in the UK with a Love Rock case they don't need? Please get in touch, and keep up the good work on this site! :D :D :D
whaddaya think of them apples?

RG505bk
I only know 3 chords

Post by RG505bk » Mon Oct 07, 2002 4:44 am

Still in love with the guitar, too bad my amp blew a couple of weeks ago ;( It's seems it's time to see an amp doctor... It works fine for a couple of minutes, then it just fades to silence, I'm hoping it's the tubes, since it'd be a relatively easy, not to mention _cheap_, to fix. But it's not been that long since the last retube and I definately have not driven the amp to death - it just seems it's slowly dying anyway ;)

james
Guitar God

Post by james » Mon Oct 07, 2002 5:06 am

Congrats toweysan

Taking a pickup out should reveal whether its a laminate top or not - just look at the profile of the wood in the cavity (there may also be a model stamp in there if your lucky). I don't want to rain on your parade but the vast majority of old flametop LRs that turn up in the UK seem to be laminate tops, (thats not to suggest for a moment that they're inferior guitars though) so if you've got a solid flamer then you're very lucky.

Enjoy it :D

James

toweysan
Guitar God

Post by toweysan » Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:29 am

:-?
Me again
In reply to the above posting, as far as i can tell, it is a solid flame top. The lines on the flame go all the way through the cap, so unless someones doctored it to make it look like a solid top, then yes, it appears that i am a very lucky man. As to serial nos. in the front pick-up cavity, well, there is none. by the way, on the subject of pick-ups, the screws on the p-up surrounds were rusted to buggery and i had the devil of a job to get them out (to see if there was a serial no. in there!), and i've travelled the length and breadth of Leeds, but can't find any screws which match. Anyone got any ideas? :-?
whaddaya think of them apples?

RG505bk
I only know 3 chords

Post by RG505bk » Tue Oct 08, 2002 2:46 am

I took out the pick ups, because I wanted to have a look at the top, wether it's veneer or not. Well I couldn't tell, it sure looked awfully solid to me. Same thing with the back, it definately isn't 2-piece it looks more like a one piece body to me. The sales person told me it was the top of the line Tokai, still I don't it's anything more special than LS-75Q.

luis
Guitar God

Post by luis » Tue Oct 08, 2002 7:14 am

Hi Rg505bk.This is the more expensive model avalaible here in Europe,but there is a LS200 and a LS320 avalaible in Japan that are high end.,see catalogos pageI have seen LR "Custom Models" above this price,see Universe on links.

RG505bk
I only know 3 chords

Post by RG505bk » Tue Oct 08, 2002 10:40 am

I don't think the LS-200 and LS-320 have quilted tops... Anyways, whatever the model is, I'm happy with it :wink: