Help with identifying Love Rock. Pics included.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

db1408

Reaction score
Hi would appreciate it if any of guys can help identify my guitar. Pretty sure it's LS135.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_2173.jpg

IMG_2164.jpg

IMG_2158.jpg

IMG_2181.jpg

The LS135 is a SEB (Sound Effect Body) model, i.e the back is made up of a lot af small blocks of wood glued together, it's quite obvious if you take a look.

If not, info like how many pieces the back is made up of (look carefully) will help identify the model.

Very pretty whatever it is :D

JohnA said:
The LS135 is a SEB (Sound Effect Body) model, i.e the back is made up of a lot af small blocks of wood glued together, it's quite obvious if you take a look.

If not, info like how many pieces the back is made up of (look carefully) will help identify the model.

Very pretty whatever it is :D

Thanks for the reply! : ) appreciate it.

The back looks like a two piece mahogany. Thanks for the compliment. It looks fantastic in light, the pics were done at night. The finish it s a light Ice Tea style with the flame showing through greatly.
IMG_2178.jpg

Not an LS135 then, my 'guess' as I'm not really up on new Tokai's is a LS-95F but I wouldn't take that as gospel 'til someone who knows what they are talking about confirms :wink:

Personally I would rather have the 95 than the 135, it's just a presonal thing but I don't like the look of the SEB bodies.

Hi Guys,

You need to look at the side to see if an SEB. The back is 2 pieces but the middle section is made of small blocks. You can see the centre section on this pic of my old one

IMG_0195.jpg

Dave

DaveWW said:
Hi Guys,

You need to look at the side to see if an SEB. The back is 2 pieces but the middle section is made of small blocks. You can see the centre section on this pic of my old one

IMG_0195.jpg

Dave

I thought the LS135's had 1-piece backs on top of the blocks??

Can't see the pics through the silly firewall at work, but I'll trust you on that one Dave :wink:

OK db1408 pics of the guitar side-on please :D

For what it's worth I agree :D

Nice guitar - nice case too! I love those cases and there pricey and hard to get in the UK.

Dave

Well, I may be selling it!

The Gibson songwriter acoustic goes first though!

SkyNet3D said:
http://www1.odn.ne.jp/tokaigakki/products/vintage/ls140f.html

I would say it's a LS135F, that is equivalent to the current LS140F.

I think you have it spot on! The cap is not a veneer which makes me sure your right.

Really appreciate your help guys!

Thanks for the compliment, in person it's amazing, the flame shouts at you! Been toying with the idea of sunbathing it to fade the colour dramatically but if I committed to that I would keep it forever!

I think if you look closely you'll find it is a very/very thin hard to spot veneer. It will have a light alloy tailpiece and brass bridge saddles too if it was a L135F/140F. I'm pretty sure it's an LS95F. If you search you'll find a thread showing just how thin and hard to spot these veneers are.

Dave

DaveWW said:
I think if you look closely you'll find it is a very/very thin hard to spot veneer. It will have a light alloy tailpiece and brass bridge saddles too if it was a L135F/140F. I'm pretty sure it's an LS95F. If you search you'll find a thread showing just how thin and hard to spot these veneers are.

Dave

Found the case details and recipts. It's indeed an LS135F in Violin Finish.

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo.jpg

Your response was appreciated, had my straining my eyes for the vaneer as i'm normally adequate at spotting them.

Reason I wanted to see what model the guitar was is that the dating/serial databases didn't give me a good enough answer to what the guitar was.

Really appreciate your help! : )

H db1408i,

We stand corrected LS135F it is :D

These are still veneer though - not that it matters that much to most people.

Spec's from the tokai website show "Flamed Maple+Maple Top"

Dave

Latest posts

Back