A Tokai Book

Tokai guitar discussion

Moderators: ian, ned

amunro
Guitar God

Post by amunro » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:07 am

Fantastic! I've also seen a few of the photo pages - here and a draft of one of my Springy Sounds - and they look great :D

I'll email Iain the final version of the article later today (allowing for any further feedback).

JohnA
Guitar God

Post by JohnA » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:45 am

stratman323 wrote:In my opinion, that's about the closest we're going to get in a table - well done. :D Accurate, but not too detailed or complicated.

I like wording such as "The 3 bolt SS60 appears to have been in production only in 1980-81". It's really not possible to be precise about many Tokais when it comes to exact year of production, we've seen many variables that challenge conventional wisdom, so a bit of vagueness is better than being too precise & misleading anyone.

Having seen a few of Iain's draft pages, I am confident that we're onto a winner here. 8)
Iain and Andrew, you seem to have made Mike happy, quite an achievement :wink:

Looking forward to the book!! :D

stratman323

Post by stratman323 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:49 am

JohnA wrote:Iain and Andrew, you seem to have made Mike happy, quite an achievement :wink:
:evil:

Bloody Northerners!

Tokais make me happy.

:wink:

JohnA
Guitar God

Post by JohnA » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:02 am

stratman323 wrote:
JohnA wrote:Iain and Andrew, you seem to have made Mike happy, quite an achievement :wink:
:evil:

Bloody Northerners!

Tokais make me happy.

Bloody Southeners! I'd hate to see what you would be like without Tokais then :wink:

imosdad
Guitar God

Post by imosdad » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:52 am

To paraphrase the great Harry Hill...

Northerners? Southerners? But which is best? There's only one way to find out... FIGHT!

Hope it doesn't get too messy at the next convention!

Cheers

Dave

stratman323

Post by stratman323 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:04 am

imosdad wrote: Hope it doesn't get too messy at the next convention!
Probably only when I try to walk off with one of your blue Goldies.

iainblack
Guitar God

Post by iainblack » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:43 pm

Folks some refinement to my springy pages. I added more detail but results in smaller shots. Any thoughts on which looks best?

vs more detail

amunro
Guitar God

Post by amunro » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:59 am

Hi Iain,

I think the more detailed version works. It is only one additional photo per page and isn't too crowded.

You could always vary page layout for different guitars / pages so that the overall effect is not too monotonous and possibly looks more spacious.

Andrew

mirrorboy
Guitar God

Post by mirrorboy » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:34 am

Iain, would you consider including some kind of acknowledgement to Ned Callan for bringing us all together?

AlanN
Guitar God

Post by AlanN » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:52 am

mirrorboy wrote:Iain, would you consider including some kind of acknowledgement to Ned Callan for bringing us all together?
Ned Cullen.

mirrorboy
Guitar God

Post by mirrorboy » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:14 am

AlanN wrote:
mirrorboy wrote:Iain, would you consider including some kind of acknowledgement to Ned Callan for bringing us all together?
Ned Cullen.
:oops: ta for the correction

stratman323

Post by stratman323 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:31 am

amunro wrote:Hi Iain,

I think the more detailed version works. It is only one additional photo per page and isn't too crowded.

You could always vary page layout for different guitars / pages so that the overall effect is not too monotonous and possibly looks more spacious.

Andrew
+ 1. You can also vary it depending on what pics you get sent. We don't need a dozen pics of a FINAL PROSPEC bridge or a VI pickup, but you can change things around so that there is a balance in the book.

stratman323

Post by stratman323 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:31 am

AlanN wrote:
Ned Cullen.
+ 1 again.

iainblack
Guitar God

Post by iainblack » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:29 am

I can mention Ned in the aknowledgement section of the cover jacket. Thanks for comments on the pages. As you can see from the examples there is a variation in range of shots and some layouts around a central theme. this is due to image size and range of shots supplied. i do want to capture the different spec in photo and taxt on the page and this can be cross refered to the tables at the front.

What are the odds that there will be discrepancies :D !

stratman323

Post by stratman323 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:32 am

iainblack wrote:What are the odds that there will be discrepancies :D !
With Tokais? Impossible! :lol: