Tokai vs. Dillion vs. Everest

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkF786

Reaction score
I'm lookin for a good Les Paul copy and I've heard good things about Tokai, Dillion, and Everest - the problem is there are no local dealers near me to see the various brands in person. Are these brands similar in quality or is there a clear difference between them?

From the limited information I've found so far, it seems that the Tokai is the highest quality of the three, but even amongst the Tokais there seems to be a difference in quality within the different product lines. I'm looking for something new - unless I can find an older one in mint condition. What newer models of Tokai are the highest quality? Do they compare to the older Tokais that everyone raves about? Are there dealers - internet or mail order - from which I can buy Tokai guitars from the USA?

Sorry for all the newbie questions. Thanks for your help!!!

Mark

As an owner of all 3 brands, I would say that they are all equal. It is the same factory, workers and workmanship. Some Tokai's are Japanese made and are superior. The Everest and Dillion lines and the lower priced Tokai's are all the same in terms of woods and components.

You cant go wrong with any of these brands. My Everest guitars are insane!

I had a Dillion Les Paul for a few months. It played like a dream and was extremely well made. It did have a few cheap parts, like the 3-way switch, but the craftsmanship was quite excellent. Considering that I paid $300 for it, mint with a new hard shell case, it was an incredible buy. I eventually sold it because I didn't like the photoflame finish, though, and despite the otherwise pretty nice cherry sunburst. If they had done a real flame I'd still have it. :-?

Jenna

Hi Mark - Hopefully this will help you - I have the TKM (Tokai Korea Model Or Tokai Kalamazoo Model I'm not sure) Love Rock that is shown in the Tokai pictures page that the TokaiFreak put together (no scratches or dings). It is a beautiful guitar that has a wonderfully straight neck, action & finish. My colleague here has two Les Pauls, he played my LR & told me it is as good if not better than either of them. The Korea vs Japanese argument I can't comment on, but as far as I know the quality is outstanding & made the Epi look sad by comparison. At a price around $400 I honestly don't see how you can go wrong.

Latest posts

Back