Newbie needs your advice. Korean or Chinese?

Tokai guitar discussion

Moderators: ian, ned

Si Pie
Guitar God

Post by Si Pie » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:37 pm

Special K wrote:Who post this sale?
lets see that ID.
Chingo on the bay

leadguitar_323
Guitar God

Post by leadguitar_323 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:17 pm

Hi Mike, in the earlier catalogues i have all the Korean models {LP} were either plywood or Alder, the Korean SG's were Nato, no mention of Agathis at all...

Mick
so many guitars....so little money...

OuttaspaceMan
I only know 3 chords

Post by OuttaspaceMan » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:12 pm

Goestoeleven wrote:Seconded. :D

Rob, save your money mate. Scrape together a bit more dosh and buy a Made In Japan. You won't regret it I swear.

I bought my 2004 LS75F (Now an LS90F I think?) for ?330 including case, and it's mint. It's a wonderful guitar to play and I never get tired of picking it up. I'd never sell it.

There are bargains to be had, if you're patient, careful, and you ask questions before bidding.

Good Luck!

Graham.

Just got back in from a business trip, sorry for the late reply guys! Many thanks for everyone's inputs. Looks like I'll be on the look out on ebay for a better deal. As everyone has said, you guys are right it will be much more worth it. I'm really glad getting some advice from this forum. For now, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed and hopefully when I find the "right" goldtop, I will definitely update you guys on it.

Many thanks again and best regards to all =)

Rob
平和、愛、ロックンロール

Axchisler
Guitar God

Post by Axchisler » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:01 am

Hey Rob, you may want to check out guitar forums too along with eBay. Lots of guitars for sale cuz posting is free. I found a really nice OBG Goldtop at The Gear Page through referral from a poster here. Be careful though and get references, and pay by credit card so you can do a chargeback if the guitar doesn't arrive. Fortunately, most folks I've dealt with have been very good people.

leadguitar_323
Guitar God

Post by leadguitar_323 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:38 am

Axchisler wrote:Hey Rob, you may want to check out guitar forums too along with eBay. Lots of guitars for sale cuz posting is free. I found a really nice OBG Goldtop at The Gear Page through referral from a poster here. Be careful though and get references, and pay by credit card so you can do a chargeback if the guitar doesn't arrive. Fortunately, most folks I've dealt with have been very good people.
Did you buy the OBG? very nice guitar at a good price.... :wink:

Mick
so many guitars....so little money...

stratman323

Post by stratman323 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:33 am

Axchisler wrote:Hey Rob, you may want to check out guitar forums too along with eBay. Lots of guitars for sale cuz posting is free. I found a really nice OBG Goldtop at The Gear Page through referral from a poster here. Be careful though and get references, and pay by credit card so you can do a chargeback if the guitar doesn't arrive.
How many private individuals selling guitars on here have the facility to accept credit card payments? I don't.

Ozeshin
Guitar God

Post by Ozeshin » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:02 am

That's coz the name of your Company is Stratman's Shonky Sh!t :o

stratman323

Post by stratman323 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:06 am

Better than Ozeshin's Odious Offers.

:wink:

Ozeshin
Guitar God

Post by Ozeshin » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:10 pm

Meh I knew we should'nt have used the same advertising company..!!! :o

Axchisler
Guitar God

Post by Axchisler » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:42 am

leadguitar_323 wrote:
Did you buy the OBG? very nice guitar at a good price.... :wink:

Mick
Yes I did, the frets are a little worn (dimples) on the B and G from 1st to 7th fret, but it plays beautifully. Took some getting used to the tone though. I love the sound of my LS100, and used to wish every guitar sounded like it, but that would be boring. Tweaked some knobs and found some great tones with it. The back of the neck is silky smooth, overall; very impressed with OBG. :D

Axchisler
Guitar God

Post by Axchisler » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:49 am

stratman323 wrote: How many private individuals selling guitars on here have the facility to accept credit card payments? I don't.
If you have a Paypal account, you have the option to pay by credit card, as long as the seller has a Paypal account too. I probably wouldn't buy if the seller doesn't have a Paypal account. Thanks Mike, I should have mentioned that :oops: .

Axchisler
Guitar God

Post by Axchisler » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:52 am

Ozeshin wrote:Meh I knew we should'nt have used the same advertising company..!!! :o
Forgive my lack of terminology Oz, but what does "Meh" mean???

Thanks

Ozeshin
Guitar God

Post by Ozeshin » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:08 am

Axchisler wrote:
Ozeshin wrote:Meh I knew we should'nt have used the same advertising company..!!! :o
Forgive my lack of terminology Oz, but what does "Meh" mean???

Thanks
It's usually accompanied with a shoulder shrug...maybe "Bah" in non-gamer lingo?

stratman323

Post by stratman323 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:13 am

I though the French had copyright on The Shoulder Shrug? Nobody does it quite like they do.

:lol:

Axchisler
Guitar God

Post by Axchisler » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:24 pm

leadguitar_323 wrote:Hi Mike, in the earlier catalogues i have all the Korean models {LP} were either plywood or Alder, the Korean SG's were Nato, no mention of Agathis at all...

Mick
Speaking of Korean, know what the Fakai's LP's and PRS's (Dillion) are made from? If we're going to dismiss these as inferior, it would still be interesting to know what they're specs are, whether we want one or not, for guys on a budget. Might even take some inflation from the real deal... :wink: