Tokai LC60? MIJ? Need help)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elios

Reaction score
Last year I bought Tokai Les Paul Custom. Yeah, congrats to me)
But now I'm a little bit anxious whether I bought MIJ, LC60 and finally what year it is)
Made some pics so you can judge.
BTW guitar was shielded inside and rewired 'cause wiring wasn't good enough - first reason for me to worry.

As far as I can judge now - no fret-edge bidding, original logo, 2-screwed rod top. Don't know about fingerboard material. And body seems like one-piece mahagony.
Here goes pictures:
mA315KMvXY.jpg

TOLXkbqK2M.jpg

SpIWT1FWEd.jpg

RAVyHm12Sy.jpg

x1rbIWZhBS.jpg

sTHV6V6934.jpg

4fRAMzScRn.jpg

No worries, I had to scroll across my entire bedroom to see it but it looks really nice. Did you buy it new? :-?

Elios said:
hm...
took a look at the catalogues - can be ALC?
honestly never mentioned dimples as a mattering factor before - my bad(
but thanks for opening my eyes :wink:

Not really a mattering factor.... more of an identifying factor

As far as being Japanese goes:
The neck tenon and pickup routing looks wrong.
Also the neck appears to have a join at the headstock, so a 2 piece (possibly more) neck, with a volute as well?

My opinion = not Japan.

Can't really help you with what model it actually is, sorry. Does it play ok?

JVsearch said:
As far as being Japanese goes:
The neck tenon and pickup routing looks wrong.
Also the neck appears to have a join at the headstock, so a 2 piece (possibly more) neck, with a volute as well?

My opinion = not Japan.

Can't really help you with what model it actually is, sorry. Does it play ok?
sound is deep, sustain is good. there are problems with extreme feedback but that's more likely to be a problem with pickups.

considering headsotck - yep it is clued with neck. I watched it more carefully - 2 piece neck

what is volute?

what's wrong with tenon except unacuracy?)

sorry for bothering you with lots of questions but I need to know for sure if it is MIK - to sell it and then buy MIJ))

4 kilos, plywood body, set neck, Black.....

...1997 ~ 2000 ALS48BB, Korean made?.

They are in the Catalogues, along with other good information in the Tokai Registry.

stratmoto said:
4 kilos, plywood body, set neck, Black.....

...1997 ~ 2000 ALS48BB, Korean made?.

They are in the Catalogues, along with other good information in the Tokai Registry.
ALC at least but yes seems like MIK and plywood. I can't determine the wood myself, must visit one guy to help me. But no hope for happy endning(

Volute is that bump in the neck behind the nut. Don't know what it does to tone but is supposed to make the headstock much stronger. Someone else will have to help you with price, have no idea.

Axchisler said:
Volute is that bump in the neck behind the nut. Don't know what it does to tone but is supposed to make the headstock much stronger. Someone else will have to help you with price, have no idea.

Volute:

http://www.elderly.com/items/images/40U/40U-3494_volute.jpg

Back