LC53 Custom shape

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Haze

Reaction score
Hi can anyone tell me ...Is the body horn pointier on the LC53 than the one on the LC85 or is it just the photographs ive seen. I know the Headstock is different. Anyone have the LC53 and can tellme what its like for a guitar of the price.

From what I know, all MIJ Tokai's have the same open book headstock.....the ones for the UK market are basically the same shape but with a slight dimple in center.....

The LC53 is not made in Japan, it's made in China - I'm at the point myself of buying a Custom (perferably white or vintage white) and I've tried an LC53 in a shop and I have to say I was very very impressed by it. Very good finish and very nice sound.
I'd liken the LC53 to an Epiphone LP Custom, thou allot cheaper.

I have two, both Chinese and both with the open book headstock, both in white and both are far superior to any Epiphone Custom I've ever played on...AND, they're cheaper....only issue I had was the Pup's, they were a little light for me...now they're Seymours and they wail like they should have done when manufactured...get one, you will NOT be sorry! The guitar shape is as close to any other LP by Tokai, not sure where you get the pointed horn bit from...maybe a bad image on the web?? Both of mine are exactly as they should be...the envy of all of my band mates and friends..I have an LC85 too, its exactly the same shape only comes with Grover tuners and better pup's...no difference at all..same weight, different woods, but I defy anyone to tell them apart...of course, some smart *** on here will have their 'opinion'..but they look identical, and sound the same, and are easily set up to be more in-line with the more expensive MIJ version...at the end of the day, you can buy the most expensive LP copy that money can buy, but if ya can't play and put it through a sh!t amp, it will always sound the same...

some smart *** on here will have their 'opinion'

Poor choice of words mate......... :roll:

Now i will give you an opinion. They are cheap and great beginners guitars but you shouldn't be lead people to believe that they are any near as good as the MIJ ones, that is just not true at all. You may not hear or know the differences but most discerning musicians would and just because you can't doesn't mean everyone else won't . The hardware is cheaper, the pickups are cheaper the electronics, the finish and the choice of wood is all aimed at the lower end of the market. I can detect subtle differences between my guitars and there are plenty of guys here that can also. I am not saying they are bad guitars, but to say tonally there are no differences is just plain rubbish.......

Mick

Latest posts

Back