Sick Again on the LS Custom Hisashi-san sold me : )

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pages plexitone

Reaction score
Me and Bozu are gonna work up every tune on Physical Graffiti! Well, ok, not every tune....

But covering Zep tunes does give me cause to play with multi-tap stereo delays and my Maxon PH350 phaser set to stun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br6pUl18QGg

Brilliant....is that your little bro, **** fine drummer...little prodigy you got right there.

Your tone on the Rover absolutely kills...great playing as well.

Thanks MAN! :D

PJ is my boy. He's 10, been playing since age 6. We practice together everyday and he's continuing to get those tricky Bonham fills nailed down!
:)

Thanks about the Rover too. I spent more time on dialing up the amp on that tune....I think I smacked my 2061x a little too had on Sick Again :oops:

You'd think I'd know by now!

Joe

ahaaa, your son, you're a lucky dad. ...geeez!!! the guys overflowing with talent/gift....and his father's not too bad either. :)

Lucky dad indeed! Wish my 8 year old could play like that, we'd never leave the house :eek: ! Well, there's hope my 4 year old daughter, she takes great interest in music :wink: .

After watching Ten Years Gone, well...that was just a beautiful thing, what a great bond you must have with your son. :cry: Nice Tele btw, is that a Tokai?

Good vocals too, not quite Plant tho, I can actually understand what you are saying :lol: .

Hey if you don't mind me asking since you're also a Zep fan; do you have any idea how Page got that sound for the solo in Whole Lotta Love? Where is that crackley breakup coming from? Amp, speakers, guitar? Is it a Tele? One of my other fav Page tones is the breakdown in the middle of Carouselambra, "Where was your helping, where was your bow" part. What a huge sound.

Great job, look forward to hearing more, how did you record?

?I used distant miking to get that rhythm guitar tone,? says Jimmy Page. ?Miking used to be a science, and I?d heard that distance makes depth, which in turn gives you a fatter guitar sound. The amp was turned up very high. It was distorting, just controlled to the point where it had some balls to it. I also used a depressed wah-wah pedal on the solo, as I did on ?Communication Breakdown.? It gets you a really raucous sound. The descending riff that answers the line ?whole lotta love? was created using slide and backwards echo. Backwards echo has been used a lot now, but I think I was the first to use it.?

That may help :)

By the way loving the sound PP.

Congratulations! Comparing with original LedZep recording I indeed prefer your guitar tone very much. And also your vocals!

What model is your cabinets/mic? Is your amp stock?

Best regards

Thanks guys!

Thanks Diamond! :)

Axchilsler, I think Si Pie answered about Pagey's tricks. The tele is a fender Japan 62 with Bigsby and TX specials.

Stug III Ha, thanks, I'll still give the tone nod to Jimmy :)
For the recordings I ran through the MOTU board I stuck my e609 right up to an Avatar 1x12 with a heritage 20 watt greenback. I'm using my Marshall2061x (no mds)for all those audio/video recorded separately zep tunes. I stick a AT4047 about 5feet off PJ's kit. My guitar amp always bleeds into it, so that's a distant mic :D I have hotplate on that 2061, usually turned down to -8db to minimize the bleed through.

For all those recordings where the recording is done via the point and shoot's mic, I'm using that 2555 with a Marshall VM cab.

Thanks for listening guys!!!! :D :D

Latest posts

Back