Some advice: Goldstars

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Si Pie

Reaction score
I've recently been notified of a small payrise and am getting some decent mileage expenses through work at the moment, so I am perhaps looking to buy a Tokai strat (treat myself for my birthday/christmas haha).

I've had a read of numerous threads/registry info and I think I have got my head round the models and dating. I've been looking at mid 80's Goldstars. Hopefully someone can help me:

How much should I be paying for a Goldie ST-50? I think this is probably the model I will be able to find and afford. I'm not fussed about mint condition, just so long as it will play well.

The ST-40s have ceramic pickups and trapezoid type tuners, is that right? But what of build quality and the body/neck. Is that still decent enough? (I can swap out pickups if I want). In this case what would I be looking at spending?

I'm not sure I can justify any model higher than that but I may come back with more questions of other models depending on the responses.

Ta muchly.

Latest posts

Back