LS-Custom models

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StugIII

Reaction score
Hi. My first post here :oops:

This is my 2008 Tokay LS-Custom.

Features Honduras mahogany, Brazilian rosewood fretboard, nitro finish and JM Rolph pickups.
Bought new and everything is stock.

I wonder why it is a "Custom" model and not a current LS-XXX. What do you think?, perhaps the maple top has not good enough looking for a high end model?

Best regards

What a beauty! Almost a harlequin pattern in the flame below the bridge. That one is up near the top of the food chain. Hope you really enjoy it.

villager said:
the LS-Custom models were shop special orders, they are the equivelent spec to the LS-320 and the newer 3?0 and 4?0 models

Thanks, Mark :wink:.
Its specifications are impressive -and its tone, you know- but I am just curious about what is the "custom" part of this guitar which someone may specially ordered, compared with the standard series of 2008. Were Tokai mounting Rolphs then?

Best regards

Mick51 said:
What a beauty! Almost a harlequin pattern in the flame below the bridge. That one is up near the top of the food chain. Hope you really enjoy it.

Thanks. "Arlequin pattern", good description!.
I play it through a JTM45 type amp and they really fit well.

Does it have fret-edge binding? That is a custom order as far as I know, and is enough to have it designated LS-CUSTOM instead of 320 or whatever.

youami said:
Does it have fret-edge binding? That is a custom order as far as I know, and is enough to have it designated LS-CUSTOM instead of 320 or whatever.

Yes, it has fret-edge binding. So may be you are right!

Best regards.

Only fret edge binding Love Rocks actually made with are LS-1 and 2 Pacifix models I know but they are plain maple tops. Not sure which models is this you?re showing us.Do you have original Tokai card?

luis said:
Only fret edge binding Love Rocks actually made with are LS-1 and 2 Pacifix models I know but they are plain maple tops. Not sure which models is this you?re showing us.Do you have original Tokai card?

Right, LS-Custom both in neck cavity and original card.

What I find beautiful about the top on this guitar is the 'mismatched' look of the stripes across the two pieces. It gives a real one-of-a-kind impression. Like some of the 50's Les Pauls.

Latest posts

Back